cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prices

N/A

Prices

BT Broadband is looking cheap these days. 2Mb for £24.99 free connection and modem router. There's 15Gb limit but that's plently for all reasonable users. PlusNet looks pricey suddenly. I wonder if there are any plans to even things out?
8 REPLIES
N/A

Prices

Sorry don't know, but all I will say is that I'm happy with +net,and what they provide me with.
N/A

Prices

I hope PlusNet haven't missed the boat on this one. Now prices are lower, new internet users will probably be signing up in droves. Possibly not being Internet and ISP wise they may be swayed by such as Freedom2Surf with 2Mb, 10G @ £19.99.
I base this notion on the number of times I get asked for an opinion by work mates who don't have the slightest idea or interest how it works, they just want a resonably priced connection.
I know Plusnet have new products coming and I'm happy to wait for them but others have the goods in the shop now, so to speak.
They also might be put off by the (to me) over complicated FUP that can and probably will be ignored a large part of the time anyway
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Prices

If I'm understanding right, once the FUP comes into play from April, you could have a 2Mb connection (or possibly up to 8Mb) with a 30Gb limit at peak time for £21.99, which sounds a much better deal to me. Also you would be allowed to exceed the 30Gb for a couple of months in a row.

Phil
LiamM
Grafter

Prices

Broadband Plus is also due to be announced soon, and this will offer services similar to AOL, Pipex where QOS is applied to the connection. I believe this will also be cheaper.
N/A

Prices

Broadband Plus is also due to be announced soon, and this will offer services similar to AOL, Pipex where QOS is applied to the connection. I believe this will also be cheaper.

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but can you tell me anymore about how AOL applies QOS to their connections or point me to some info? I did google it but turned up empty.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Prices

I think the AOL QOS was mentioned in there annual report or something like that. Think it might have been on the Register (maybe) quite a while ago.
N/A

hmmm

well to give you some idea....
ive been with Plusnet (migrated from BT Broadband)
and im shocked im not a Heavy downloader but i am sharing my connection
with my brother.
Since the 22nd of Feb to today ive managed to guzzle nearly 8GB
The BT cap of 15 gb is just pure madness,30 GB was the figure they were telling worried people about new caps for some strange reason they decided
to cut it to 15gb.
Sorry at this moment in time having used both isp's
Plusnet is by far thinking of its customers with regards to usage policy.
N/A

Prices

I suppose I'd better hang on then and see what happens. Personally, I wouldn't mind a cap if it makes things cheaper as long as it's high enough not to affect me often.