cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prices Not Changed

N/A

Prices Not Changed

I have had broadband with PlusNet for sometime now, the service has been great I could not complain at all, but luckily I joined before they started all the different bandwidths for usage which I really can’t be bothered with as I simply want broadband on all the time without any fuss. Anyway at the time of joining I was told on the phone that as BT lowers their charges they will decrease prices accordingly, this hasn’t happened, now I'm getting emails from other ISP’s offering a great saving like 512kbs for £14.99 with no bandwidth limits so PlusNet please change with the times or soon I may be forced to migrate, even though like I said I am pleased with the quality of service.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Prices Not Changed

Hi uk,

Not so sure we're in the right forum, however can u expand on the unlimited account in the uk for £14.99. I'd like to see that.

If you compare like for like I think that +Net have more than kept up with the times and are infact a market leader. When it comes to passing on BT price reductions, I think +Net actions this summer bear testimony to that.

Regards

Mark
N/A

Prices Not Changed

I have had a few over the last few months but the latest is http://adsl4less.com/index.htm and they will even migrate my ADSL account, the Bandwidth limitation is the sort of thing I expected from Tiscali you can’t deign it’s a money making scam, and I won’t entertain it at all so please save your breath, if I ever wanted to up my speed I would have to change ISP which I really don’t wont to do. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place by the way.
N/A

Prices Not Changed

if I ever wanted to up my speed I would have to change ISP .

Not so sure I know what you mean with that one.

Am I right in thinking you are or could be one of the 0.3%?

If that is so then changing isp may only be a short term resolution. IIRC it would appear that no isp will be able to sustain that sort od usage without applying some sort of policy to counter it. Therefore moving may not change anything.

If i am barking up the wrong tree then forgive me.

Regards

Mark
N/A

Prices Not Changed

Hello Mark I probably didn’t phrase it right, I'm on 512kbs at the moment but I was thinking of going to 1mb if the price is right but I noticed just how much the prices were dropping and PlusNet were staying the same, if you take the unrestricted PlusNet bandwidth prices they’re nothing to shout about, I just simply believe that Broadband is on all the time with no restrictions and no hidden charges I can’t be bothered with going up and down (in tariffs if that’s the correct terminology) and watching usage, still what did you mean by 0.3% sorry little lost on that I take it there is some reference to this on adsl4less.
Regards
N/A

Prices Not Changed

Hi there,

Yes, I was barking up the wrong tree then.

I was refering to this thread ( if you have about 6 hours to wade thru it Wink )

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22613&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I still firmly believe that the current Plus Net offers are great value for money, sustainable, and do what they say on the tin.

Some of the offers out there may appear attractive right now but its what is round the corner that would concern me.

From what i have read this week on these forums alone would make worry about the long term viability of offerings such as those from adsl4less.

There can be a grass is always greener attitude with ADSL products and i dont want to teach my granny et al but I would tread carefully.

Whatever you do, i wish you luck.

Best regards

Mark