cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Newsgroup Service

N/A

Premium Newsgroup Service

From earlier replies I've had on this subject it seems the Plus policy on news services is "like it or lump it", and that there are no plans to handle the incomplete binary posts and speed problems.

I guess this probably boils down to the cost of providing bandwidth, so my suggestion is how about providing a premium NG service which handles these problems and for which an extra charge is made?

I for one would be willing to pay for such a service.

Regards
Rod
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Premium Newsgroup Service

> From earlier replies I've had on this subject it seems the Plus policy on news services is "like it or lump it", and that there are no plans to handle the incomplete binary posts and speed problems.
>
> I guess this probably boils down to the cost of providing bandwidth, so my suggestion is how about providing a premium NG service which handles these problems and for which an extra charge is made?
>
> I for one would be willing to pay for such a service.
>
> Regards
> Rod

Me too!

Hugh Milsom
N/A

RE: Premium Newsgroup Service

> From earlier replies I've had on this subject it seems the Plus policy on news services is "like it or lump it", and that there are no plans to handle the incomplete binary posts and speed problems.
>
> I guess this probably boils down to the cost of providing bandwidth, so my suggestion is how about providing a premium NG service which handles these problems and for which an extra charge is made?
>
> I for one would be willing to pay for such a service.
>
> Regards
> Rod

Hi,

We'll always try to improve the news service where possible but we must also be realistic and state that we are not going to achieve the level of retention and number of complete posts as a dedicated news provider.

We've said it before but it is important to note that a news service is the single most resource intensive and expensive service that an ISP can run. We do not currently have any plans to implement a premium news service.

Regards, Torsten.

--
| Torsten Dettlaff...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +