cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Lines down - It's Priority One !

Laugh
Grafter

I've just seen this on the status page - went there to see why the portal was so slow and kept timing out.
Premium Rate Support Availability – NEW
We will be temporarily be removing our Premium Rate telephone number, as our supplier, Telewest has informed us of a problem that they have identified, which they will be repairing. Anyone calling this number will hear an engaged tone.

During this time, we would advise that you either raise a “question” via http://help.plus.net

As this is a priority 1 problem, we shall be updating this post before 4pm this afternoon.

OK. A few issues here. The advise is either to raise a ticket or

and the or is? Answers on a postcard (I say postcard because its far quicker than a ticket Wink )

And why is this a Priority 1 ? Is it because PlusNet are losing 50p a minute (or whatever it is?)

It's good that this has been put on the Status Page but Priorities may be slightly screwy? or am I still grumpy about my blue underlines?
5 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi Jason,

My bad. If it's a non connection fault, we'd always recommend raising a ticket/question/enterrandomwordhere

Alternatively call the lo-call rat number. The reason I didn;t include that, but had done initially (hence the either) was that each vISP's has 2 different numbers, and changing that for each service post, would have been potentially problematic.

For what it's worth, the portal downtime was a P1, as is anything whereby service is lost.
Laugh
Grafter

Cheers James.

I must just be a blue line grumpy Wink

But the portal is definitely stuttering here? Very Sllooowwww
James
Grafter

Yeah, it's been a bit sluggish since the earlier outage which is to be expected. Would expect it to be a balancing problem.
Snarf
Grafter

Alternatively call the lo-call rat number.

Can I just ask, is there a way on the lo-call number to get straight through to a human? I spent 4 mins navigating through menus and still didn't get anywhere. I eventually got to somewhere where it said "leave a message and we'll get back to you within 8 hours"...
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Jason,

Alternatively call the lo-call rat number.

That's why you can never get an answer, theres a damn rat answering the phone :lol: