cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premier versus Broadband +

N/A

Seriously thinking of downgrading to Broadband + as I can't see what benifits Premier gives me

My online experience is normal in that all I do is e-mail / surf / OS updates / occaisional mp3 downloads / MSN.

I know that very soon packages / prices and line speeds are all going to change - hopefully a positive experience for most. The dilema I've been considering for some time is all this talk of faster speeds is'nt going to benefit me.

I'm on 1mb premier £21.99 , (only just qualify) who due to line length / stats have no hope of getting any of these faster speeds Cry

I'm a happy plusnet customer and have been for 2years and most I've ever downloaded is 4.53gb a month therefore I not sure there is any further benefit in paying out and extra £7 for a faster service that I'm very unlikely to get in the near future.

If I do decide on this course of action what costs might I occur ( Use own router and have been on premier for neally 2 years)

Apprechiate comments before making final decision
4 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

This would incur a one off downgrade cost of £14.99 to move to a lower priced product.

Have you considered the PAYG option? This is the best service for the most unshaped traffic, best performance and Plusnet are offering it for £19.99/month with a 10Gb limit and free evenings and weekend calls with Plustalk at the moment.
aeroalfie
Grafter

Be aware that BB plus is heavily traffic shaped 24/7, even during the night / off peak

Best thing to do is wait until the new products are announced before you make any decision.
N/A

Ill do that.
You never know they might bring out a Premier package at a lesser price for us unfortunates stuck at 512/1mb.

I feel it's unfair that I should pay the same as someone getting 2mb ( and posssibly 2mb - 8mb soon) when I seem to be stuck on 1mb because of my line length / noise

Apparently the technology I, am many like me, are waiting for is VDSL or FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet). What this will do is move the DSLAM's out of the exchange and into the green street cabinets resulting in a lot shorter copper runs for most lines and therefore faster speeds. This is currently in trial at the moment, although no indications have been given yet about a rollout.

I suppose I could consider moving house again :lol:
N/A

I feel it's unfair that I should pay the same as someone getting 2mb ( and posssibly 2mb - 8mb soon) when I seem to be stuck on 1mb because of my line length / noise ently the technology
.............:

Beevers43, if you are limited to 1Mb, are a low user, and aren't stuck in the deffered charge 'trap' , currently alternative, reputable, suppliers probably offer better value - examples £17.99 (10 Gb) and £18.95 (25 Gb) .

Possibly worth pursuing unless there a compelling reason to stay with your current ISP.