Grafter

Premier package..?

The quota will be 30GB off-peak download per month

That's 30GB of peak download
37 REPLIES
N/A

Premier package..?

Sorry I'm confused !
I am currently on a Premier package @ £29.99 per month for 1mb, am I to understand I will be automatically upgraded to 2mb or do I need to manually upgrade?
If the latter is true is there a charge for this?
I am looking to go for the Premier package at the same price (which has a 50gb FUP?)

Please can someone clear this up for me, I seem to recall getting an email from PN some time ago stating this was a free upgrade for existing customers...

Regards
BB
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Premier package..?

If you wait for the bulk regrades to complete then you will be upgraded to the fastest speed available on your line for no extra charge.

If you want to jump the queue and upgrade straight away the usual upgrade fee applies (generally £14.99).

Hope this clears it up for you.
N/A

Premier package..?

PN are introducing MaxDSL which means that sometime this year you will be upgraded to the maximum linespeed your telephone line will handle. FUP (fair useage policy) is set to the amount you pay per month and is irrespective of line speed it is based on actual download Gb's during the peak periods. Downloading out of peak periods is shown as the upper limit 250Gb (for example).

Clearer?

Gav.
N/A

Premier package..?

lol ..............it was until you said "sometime this year", when can we expect this free upgrade?
As part of a family that play a lot of on-line gaming this seems to be the package I need, we don't do a great deal of downloading otherwise, I assume 50gb FUP will suffice?
N/A

Premier package..?

Check your current usage here, remembering that the current figure includes Uploads and Off-Peak Downloads (1am-8am) - both of which will be excluded from the Peak FUP Threshold (e.g. 50GB).
N/A

Premier package..?

Well if you want your extra speed now rather than waiting, pay the £14.99. But don't forget that your line still may be incapable of running faster than 1Mb (until BT move the goalposts again).

Gav.
kreynolds
Grafter

Premier package..?

Just had a look at the premier 50 at 1mb and 2mb, same price as currently paying on 1mb premier, £29.99. However according to the site to change over to the 1mb will cost a regrade fee of 14.99 and for 2mb a fee of 29.99.

I can understand the 29.99 regrade fee as, if I were to chose not to wait for the bulk regrade, it would be payable to BT, but why charge the 14.99 regrade fee when there is no difference in pricing or speed; are +net shootoing themselves in the feet againHuh
N/A

Premier package..?

This is getting even more confusing!
PN wish will charge me £14.99 to move to an identical account, price, speed etc and then charge me another £29.99 to upgrade to 2mb from 1mbHuh

Gavin's post above seems to indicate a one off fee of £14.99 is applicable to move from my current Premier account (£29.99) to the identically priced but faster 2mb Premier package?
kreynolds
Grafter

Premier package..?

Jandem

£15.00 of the £29.99 goes to BT, but like you I still don't undersatnd being charged £14.99 when no downgrading is taking place.

Hopefully one of the guys at +net will reply and clarify this
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Premier package..?

I'll try and clear this up a bit.

If you downgrade your account there is a downgrade charge of £14.99.

A change is a downgrade if your monthly susbscription is reduced, or if you make any of the changes below:

Premier -> PAYG (fka Lite)
Premier -> Broadband Plus
Broadband Plus -> PAYG

If work needs to be done on your line by BT (i.e. if the speed or contention of your service is changed) a further £15 charge applies. If you wait for the free regrades this charge will not be made, as we are paying for this.

For example, if you are on 1MB Premier (£29.99) and wish to change to Premier 30 (£21.99) and have the line regraded now, the charge is £29.99.

If you are on 1MB Premier (£29.99) and wish to change to Premier 30 (£21.99) and wait for the bulk regrade, the charge is £14.99.

If you are on 1MB Premier (£29.99) and wish to change to Premier 50 (also £29.99) and have the line regraded now the charge is £14.99, however if you wish to wait for the bulk regrade this change is free.

If you feel that this has not been applied when you have gone through the wizard please feel free to PM me with details of the exact path you took and I will investigate further.
N/A

Premier package..?

I'll try and clear this up a bit.

If you are on 1MB Premier (£29.99) and wish to change to Premier 50 (also £29.99) and have the line regraded now the charge is £14.99, however if you wish to wait for the bulk regrade this change is free.

Aha thanx....now I can go and make my upgrade!!

Sorry if I'm a little slow Cheesy Cheesy
kreynolds
Grafter

Premier package..?

Ben

Would I be correct in the assumption that if I wait for the regrades to happen, my 1Mb premier (29.99) will automatically change to the Premier 50 at no extra cost, and also have the advantage of, should my line support it, 2Mb speed??

If this is so would it make sense to leave my account as is for now and wait for the old dragon a.k.a BT to upgfrade at my exchange.

Thanks for the prompt reply
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Premier package..?

kreynolds - yes, that is exactly what will happen. Your account will automatically change to Premier 50, then when the line has been upgraded as part of the bulk regrade you will be able to upgrade your speed for free.
kreynolds
Grafter

Premier package..?

Ben,

Thanks for that.

We could do with people like yourself at the call centre where I work.

Not advertising who I work for but a clues would be ITV weather and Bob!! LOL