cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premier Products???

N/A

Premier Products???

Is it me or does Premier only now cater for speeds of 2mb or higher? Doesn't affect me as I have 2mb already but I can see peoples anger and frustration, you pay £21.99 a month for a product whether it works at 512k, 1mb or 2mb.

There is mention of a contention ratio of 30:1 so there is a difference in what is acceptable bandwidth usage depending on the speed, which plusNet have not published. They say they can do this with their new equipment but are they differentiating between people having to user lower speeds but paying the same as someone at 2mb? NO!

This is poorly thought out, those people who can only get 512k or 1mb because of their line are offered Broadband Plus which is DIFFERENT to the Premier offering. Come on plusNet WAKE UP!
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Premier Products???

skiltymail,

I was also hoping that the logic applied to the higher speeds, would also be carried through the range, but alas - I am now faced with paying the same price for someone with up to four times the speed.

As yet, nobody from PN has confirmed whether the "unsustainable" use is based against the individuals line speed, or the speed of the product they are buying.

Alas - as PN have taken their time over these product specifications, it would appear that the ones published are now here to stay, and those of us that cannot recive 2mb have a choice - we either pay the same as someone receiving double the speed, or we leave.

I am choosing the latter.
N/A

Premier Products???

I am choosing the latter.

Just out of interest, where are you going that offers 1mb for £21.99 or less?
Community Veteran

Premier Products???

Luckily enough my exchange is UK Online enabled. £19.99 for 2mb - just waiting on a reply to a mail I sent them asking whether that would be the product for me.

Failing that I can stay on my 512k line and have that at £9.99 from UK Online.

Though I am sure if I look hard enough Ill find others that can actually cater for people that dont live next door to their exchange.
N/A

Premier Products???

I looked at UK online but they force you into a 12 month contract. Shockedops:
Community Veteran

Premier Products???

That really doesn't bother me.

At £9.99 for 512k then I'll be with them for a year and save over £140 against PN prices. That should cater for the signup fee involved too.