cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premier Option 2

N/A

Premier Option 2

I sent plusnet a ticket last night to find out a estimated date on when I would recive upto 8mb speeds.

Completly unaware that it would be anytime soon.

However, my ticket was returned this morning and the agent commented that my line had been regraded and it takes 10 days to sync.

I have a couple of questions though.

1. Ive seen other posts saying that thier speeds have been upgraded but they need to wait 10 days for the line to train, but the router says they have a downstream of 8mb but their actual speeds are running at 2 mb. I understand this but my router doesnt still has a 2 mb downstream.

2.Also, why wasnt I informed of the regrade until I emailed them. Or is this common?

Actioned : Dear Mr R*********,
The order to regrade your line has been completed and it can take up to 10 days for the new speed to fully sync in on your connection. During this time we ask you to leave your hardware turned on while BT send the retrain to the line.

Regards,

Any help to these questions from regradies/comms (if its a word) would be great!
13 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Premier Option 2

You should have been emailed when the regrade was actually placed on your line. At the very least there'll have been a service notice added onto your account, that you can check for under link:contact us.

Depending on how long ago this was placed, its possible that you've already had you ten day stabalisation period, if this is the case and you're still synching at 2mb, then it is possible that that's the highest speed your line can support.
N/A

Premier Option 2

The only emails I got and that are in the contact us portal are

The automated Generic Modify Transaction (MODIFY) has submitted an order in eCo to change the customers product to BT IPStream Max.

and

Your username: bumzig

Dear Thomas R*********,

Great news! We're delighted to announce that your broadband will be upgraded to give you 'Up to 8Mb' speeds.

About your broadband
---------------------------
High-speed 'Up to 8Mb' broadband works in a different way to your current service. The speed you actually receive is based on the length of your line from your local exchange, the condition of your telephone line and weather conditions. This means after we've upgraded your account, the actual speed you...................

But I havn't received any email confirming my regrade was completed, until this morning when I rasied a ticket.

also, here is my current router stats.

Downstream Rate: 2272 Kbps
Upstream Rate: 288 Kbps
Downstream Margin: 31 db
Upstream Margin: 28 db
Downstream Line Attenuation: 16
Upstream Line Attenuation: 9
N/A

Premier Option 2

let me guess - your billing date and the "important - broadband speed upgrade" mail was about 9 days ago ? I think the confirmation "regrade complete" comes out that many days later , so might be a coincidence that you received it after raising a ticket.

Without knowing your attenuation and SNR figures it is difficult to tell if you should get much faster... it is an "up to 8 Mbps" service after all.

Oopppps - looks like it didn't get done with those figures!
N/A

Premier Option 2

@bumzig

With the attanuation and noise figures states you should be good for the full 8Mbs. Have you rebooted your router?
N/A

Premier Option 2

@bumzig

It looks to me as if the regrade hasn't happened yet. Did you check
http://www.dslzoneuk.net/checker.php to see if it shows an order in progress. If so, it can take 5-7 days from the Eco notice.
N/A

Premier Option 2

yes, I have reboot my router brackens, first thing I did when my ticket was actioned.

Those tickets I mentioned appeared on "Raised: 2006-04-10"

goodvalueisp the regrade email wasn't an actual seperate email, it was just a reply to my ticket.

and my billing date was always the 7th of the month.

edit----------------------------

brackens, I went to the web url and theres nothing that says anything about an order being processed.

But why would CS say that I have been if I havn't?
N/A

Premier Option 2

Could a CS look into this for me. Ta very much for all your replys Wink
N/A

Premier Option 2

@bumzig

Once your regrade order has completed which it should have judging by the dates, the information on dslzone will return to showing ADSL is activated on this line.
N/A

Premier Option 2

brackens

Surely though that would have been there since I had my connection first activated in 2003?

Or am I missing something?
N/A

Premier Option 2

Yes what I am saying is that before the DSLMax order it would have shown "ADSL is activated on your line, during the regrade it shows "An order or upgrade is in progress" for approx 5-6 days and after completion of the regrade it returns to "ADSL is activated on your line". It doesn't unfortunately allow you to confirm directly that you are now on DSLMax.
Eriond
Dabbler

Premier Option 2

all the dslzone checker will show you is the theroectical max exchange speed not your current line speed.
N/A

Premier Option 2

Yes what I am saying is that before the DSLMax order it would have shown "ADSL is activated on your line, during the regrade it shows "An order or upgrade is in progress" for approx 5-6 days and after completion of the regrade it returns to "ADSL is activated on your line". It doesn't unfortunately allow you to confirm directly that you are now on DSLMax.

Yeah, it just says my line is active.

I guess Ill just have to wait for my ticket to be re-actioned Sad
N/A

Premier Option 2

can someone check my ticket, its now been over 4 hours for 56 minute average ticket turnaround.