cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premier - Just how much can i download ?

StuWard
Grafter

I've been on Prem for ages, but with the new products available i have become confused as to which product would be best suited to my usage.

So first of all, what are you allowed to doanload during peak times with the prem package before you get hammered.
And is the offpeak d/l still unlimited ?

Thanks

Stu
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

On Premier Option 1 the peak time usage (4pm - midnight) allowance is 20GB, usage between 13GB and 20GB will though get progressively slower the more you use.

We don't describe the product as being unlimited off peak, but we don't have any set maximum amount for off peak usage on Premier.
JonnyF
Grafter

Come on Plusnet,

Your answer is WAY too simple here!!!

If only it was the case that downloads were unrestricted between 0-13gb!

Tell the truth here guys, it would be nice to have a list of all the restriction permutations in one place!

E.g. If your download is Usenet between the hours of 4pm - midnight expect speed restrictions.

But if it is between the hours of 6pm-10pm expect ridiculous restrictions i.e. 25kbps (about double an old dial up speed)

Then if your downloading via P2P expect even more severe restrictions - actually I have never had decent performance with P2P and Plusnet (and it is a Plusnet thing!)

The list goes on and on.... actually it is probably too complicated for anyone to summarise!

Jon.
Community Veteran

You can download the whole internet using PN, it is easy. Wink

Click the link here to start the process.

You will get a pop-up to indicate when to insert the next hard disk.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

dtomlinson wrote"...usage between 13GB and 20GB"

Well I would challange any throttling (I have to my knowledge been throttled - )on the basis that the information displayed has been held to be inaccurate by many subscribers to the forums; therefore plusnet is not providing a service that is fit for use.

It's a great pity that the on-line statistics are poor; I do hope that they will be improved.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

You can download the whole internet using PN, it is easy. Wink

Click the link here to start the process.

You will get a pop-up to indicate when to insert the next hard disk.

lol, I like that! Cheesy

Stu, looking at your usage I reckon you're probably better off staying on Premier. The rate limits for BBYW can be seen here. We're working on a similar page for Premier that we hope to have on the portal before long. It's not too dissimilar to Option 3.

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵