cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premature PAYG charges

gofaster
Rising Star

Premature PAYG charges

I am on a PAYG account and twice this month I have received email notification that I have exceeded my allowance and that another Gb has been added.
Both times the mail was sent in the early hours (during the 12-8 free period) and both times my VMBU showed less usage than the limit.
The first time, I didn't worry too much ( I raised a ticket and got fobbed off as I expected) as I expected to go over the limit within a day or so anyway. But this time it is the last day of my billing period and I do not expect to go over the 4Gb limit .
My VMBU currently shows 3.79Gb of usage and this includes a small amount from this morning (after 8am). How on earth can I have exceeded my limit at 2 in the morning when the VMBU still shows that I have over 200 Mb spare?

I have reported this on the back of my existing ticket, but with things the way they are, I don't expect this to be resolved before I have been billed for bandwidth that I haven't used.

I have no faith whatsoever in the CS team. If someone from the Comms team reads this, could you please intervene on my behalf?
9 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Premature PAYG charges

Hi there

I've raised this as an issue internally ref 32467. We should have an update on this shortly. Should you be billed for this please be assured that a refund will be applied immediately.
thehatman
Grafter

Premature PAYG charges

I have this problem. I'm told it is fixed. But I am not convinced seeing as others still get topped up early.

And Mand, where is my "immediate" refund! Not got it yet....

(Thanks for your help though, it's not your fault).
Mand
Grafter

Premature PAYG charges

Hi

Your refund is being processed by our finance team, they will close the question once the refund has gone through. Apologies for the delay but we have to wait for a DD to clear before we can apply refunds against it.
softdivision
Grafter

Premature PAYG charges

good luck with that refund.

I was likewise charged for so called free 12-8 usage.

I was told it would be refunded on the 2 may.

Still no sign of it.

got the usual fob off, check with your bank.

Not impressed.
gofaster
Rising Star

Premature PAYG charges

Oh what a surprise (not)!

Despite CS saying that I shouldn't be charged, I was.

I am so pleased that Mand says I will be refunded "immediately".
Does anyone want to start a sweepstake on how long "immediately" is?
If it arrives as fast as my emails then I guess I will be lucky to get it before my next monthly bill.

My VMBU is currently completely screwed. If it's the same team who wrote the billing routines as wrote the VMBU, it's no wonder the charges are wrong.
N/A

Premature PAYG charges

@cole1

If you have a credit card registered with PN it's a good chance that the refund went there. It did in my case last month even though I have never made a monthy payment be this means.
Mand
Grafter

Premature PAYG charges

Hi

Refunds are indeed processed to the card logged on the account in the first instance.

gofaster your refund has been processed today, this will show up within 24 hours.
softdivision
Grafter

Premature PAYG charges

Mand,

Neither of the credit cards, I have registered with PN
are valid now.

What happens now?
N/A

Premature PAYG charges

Neither of the credit cards, I have registered with PN
are valid now.

I really really DO want to know the answer to this question... Smiley

What happens now?

Mand shall I continue using access to the Internet because of your clashing scripts or will I have to pay?

Mr. Cole, sorry to jump in on your thread, it's just that both are related and relevant. Smiley