cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Order Question

N/A

Pre-Order Question

I posted the following last week, but got no response whatsover from PlusNet, so I will post it again in the hope that they bother this time;

"My exchange (Devizes) met it's trigger point a few days ago. It should get a build date of around the end of april/beginning of may, if the other triggered exchanges are anything to go by. ADSLGuide.org.uk say that once the exchange has a build date then you can go ahead and place a pre-order - it list Plusnet as one of the ISPs that can place pre-orders.

Now, I am thinking of pre-ordering soon to take advantage of the free activation deal on offer at the moment. Can PlusNet confirm that this is a possibility? If it isn't then I may go and pre-order with Nildram or Pipex who offer similar deals i believe.

Does free activation end in march? If so, will it cover a pre-order for an exchange due to go live in may even if the order is placed in february?

Date: 29/01/2003 21:32:16

Let's hope PlusNet bother with me this time, if not I may take my business to Nildram instead.
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Pre-Order Question

> Now, I am thinking of pre-ordering soon to take advantage of the free activation deal on offer at the moment. Can PlusNet confirm that this is a possibility? If it isn't then I may go and pre-order with Nildram or Pipex who offer similar deals i believe.
Hi there,
We certainly do welcome pre-orders, as detailed on the ADSLGuide website.
> Does free activation end in march? If so, will it cover a pre-order for an exchange due to go live in may even if the order is placed in february?
Unfortunately, this would not be possible as this is technically extending the offer past when BT intend to run it.
Kind Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Unfortunately, this would not be possible as this is technically extending the offer past when BT intend to run it.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Mike

So how can you place a pre-order if you don't know what the charges will be in 3 months time? Also how can a pre-order be a binding contract if the cost is unknown? If I place a pre-order for a starter pack, will the modem arrive now or in 3 months? If it arrives in 3 months time, how do I know what model it will be and how much it will cost in may etc etc...you get my point I think.

tssk
Grafter

Well I for one am waiting for the answer to this one, as my exchange was triggered over a week ago (Greenhill).
How do I go about pre-ordering etc. (Much the same as the above)?
I registered my interest with Plusnet a fair while ago, but have no way of knowing when and if, you acknowlege take up of this interest.
Forgive my thickness, but do I wait for acknowledgement from Plusnet, or do I pre-order it from you now?

--
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning..." Catherine Aird
fonejacker
Grafter

Hi Guys,

I'm just going to get clarification on this now and will get back to you later today.

With regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support