cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting to forum error!

N/A

Posting to forum error!

This is a pain in the backside!

I sat and composed a large post with rational questions only to discover than when I hit Submit, I was asked for my username and password again. Entered these.....only to be hit with a "post method not specified" error.

Clicked backwards...and my post text had all disappeared!!!!

Now not so rational!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get this sorted!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Posting to forum error!

its already been raised on the service status.

From speaking to people I know it would seem that if you use auto login then you aren't affected, I know I haven't been
N/A

Posting to forum error!

A good tip when using any forums: compose in Notepad first, then post. That way you won't lose anything.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Posting to forum error!

Better still - do it in word and then you can run the spell checker.
Before anyone screams - that isn't a dig it's just a thing I do if I am making a long post
N/A

Posting to forum error!

Or use an OS with a built-in spell-checker for any text anywhere in any application Wink

Back on-topic, I heard someone say that PlusNet were having problems reproducing the issue. I wonder if there's anything we can do to help out, as it's been going on for a couple of days now and is getting worse. It's also been seen across multiple OS's and multiple browsers.

Having auto-login would bypass the problem as you'd be logged back in as soon as the connection timed-out (or you were kicked or whatever is happening) but is hardly a solution IMHO.
Community Veteran

Posting to forum error!

I agree its not a solution was just saying if its annoying you then switch on auto logn until is solved and then if you don't like using auto login then deactivate it,

Can I suggest a great plugin for IE and FF, the google toolbar, has a really good spell checker on it.
N/A

Posting to forum error!

I'm sure you weren't suggesting it was a solution Smiley
Just hoping that if plusnet are listening they won't think 'oh okay, no big deal, we don't need to get it fixed immediately, people can just use auto-login'.