cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post moved again

N/A

Post moved again

I spoke to a customer service chap a couple of weeks ago before the cutoff for the new terms and conditions to clarify my service and costs if I left.

I explained that when I joined plusnet on a plus account in July I signed up thinking that:

a. there would be a 45 window where I could leave for free if I wasnt satisified.
b. I could use my plus account for downloads but not at peak times(15 days later I upgraded to a premier account on the understanding that it is truly unrestricted).

I told him I realised that the plus account dl speeds where slower than dialup so thought that by upgrading to premier there would be no restrictions. Then I read about the new terms and conditions. On the face of it nothing in the terms and conditions affected me now that I was on a premier account, I thought.

He explained that their would be a £14.99 charge if I left even though I understood ot to be FREE as this was displayed in the terms on one of the signup pages(albeit hidden in my view). He also understood that maybe the plus account that had originally got me to change to plusnet was misleading and had since been amended to show its true worth.

He then went on to say that I would have no problem on a premier account as they only were bothered if a user went over 150gb a month on average over 3 months. He then checked my account. It showed 147gb. he then started to sermonise and said that I could be throttled to 67k and this would be legal as I signed up to a 30:1 ratio. After a bit of arguing I asked to speak to someone higher.

A manager then came on and explained that as long as I dont use more than 150gb a month/average over 3 months everything would be ok. Also I would be given 2 weeks if warned to get my usage down before any throtling would occur. He also gave me two weeks given that I felt conned by first signing up to the plus account given it changed totally from what I agreed. So everything seemed to be ok.

Until TODAY
I then read that there now is a 100gb limit with 30gb peak time limit on a service which 2 weeks ago I was told had a anytime limit of 150gb/average over three months. Also you dont now get 2 weeks to change it seems as it kicks in straight away. Am I missing something. Im sure you cant change a service radically 3 times in 3 months and still expect people to pay to leave?
3 REPLIES
Metalguru
Grafter

Post moved again

Oh yes they can.

And who knows what else they have up their sleeve ?
N/A

Post moved again

Oh yes they can.

two doves, and an everlasting piece of string with the flags of the nations.

And progomez, you've had better treatment then some.
N/A

Post moved again

Oh yes they can.

two doves, and an everlasting piece of string with the flags of the nations.

And progomez, you've had better treatment then some.

I understand that my familes dl is slightly more than I thought it was but there are 4 people using it.

Im more concerned that within 3 months the service I signed up for has completely changed for the worse. Is this right? Other services manage to put clear guides on dl rates etc so that you can make an informed choice.
I signed up first for the plus account believing that I could dl at night but this was unusable. I made the decision to pay more for a faster connection as advised by plusnet themselves but again they have changed my terms and what was told to me as even from a fornight ago. This isnt right.

I believe they have purposely misled customers like myself and if they want us to leave they should shoulder the cost given that it was lies that got us to sign up first.

I am also in the process of designing a website which was going to be hosted by plusnet but will have to put that on hold until I can clarifiy where my service is going.

I remember when you signed up to a company and stayed for years. To force customers to change after a couple of months wont help matters.

And also to think that 10gb downloaders will stay that way is naive as chances are thay havent tasted the delights of the internet yet.