cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive Feedback

N/A

Positive Feedback

Over the past few months I have noticed a lot of bad things being said about PlusNet.

I work for an outsourced IT support company that after trying many ISPs have took all our customers to PN over the past two years. This totals, to my understanding, over 350.

Over the two years, we have had a total of 2 serious problems, which have been promptly corrected by PlusNets generally useful tech support. I feel that the portal service is one that in my eyes is unmatched by any other ISP.

We pretty much run our business by remote support so we are heavily dependent on our internet connection. They have NEVER let us down so far.

By the looks of things its not really PNs service that is in question, more their marketing techniques and sudden change of heart in account T&Cs. I do agree with the majority of upset customers about the confusion caused by all the recent changes, but they have now settled and everything has become clear.

I personally think that PN are great value and the fact they provide a static IP (at least on their network) is an added bonus that very few company provide.

If any of PN members of staff feel they need to add anything else to this post about their packages it would be good if you could.

I will continue to refer customers (usually small/medium sized businesses) to PN providing they keep up the good service and sort out their marketing/account issues.

Some people will probably think im mad for saying this but I think credit should be given where it is due.

Cheers
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Positive Feedback

I agree with everything you've said there! Just thought I'd say before the anti PN brigade appear!
N/A

Positive Feedback

Daniel: What about the way they're dealing with the cgi service including the sql platforms? Or their (in?)ability to communicate with their customers in a timely and concise maner?

The members of the comm's team who post here do the best they can but from the lack of clarity in some of their posts I've a fealing they're shackled by management in terms of what they can or can not say.

In terms of pure net acces related events I agree - PN are good - I've had no (touch wood) serious problems other than a 1 day period when my router refused to connect (suspect BT to blame - after a phone call to BT which they assured me their equipment was fine my connection returned... odd that Wink ) in the last 3 years so to the team manning the infrastructure side of life a big thumbs up.
Community Veteran

Positive Feedback

The very nature of these forums means that you are always going to see a lot more negative feedback in the way of moans and gripes than praise. Sad

Having said that there is a lot of good reasons for the gripes that you will see posted here.
For example the apparent refusal to notify customers on the premier acounts that are paying over the odds for their connection until 4-8 meg is available.

I agree though that in general the sevice and facilities available for the £21-99 account are brilliant and the customer support is usually excellent as well.

Pitty it getting a little bit spoilt with the way the communication to customers has seemingly gone down hill somewhat.
N/A

Positive Feedback

i find the service very well.. up untill past 3 weeks or so. Only real big problem that is starting to get to me is the pings from between 19:00 and 23:00. I find 100 - 400 constant ping unnacceptable. Let's hope they find a solution to fix it. Otherwise despite me being loyal to these guys, I can't use that kind of ping to play online games are require lowest ping possible.
N/A

Positive Feedback

Don't often come on here but I read this and though I'd have my say.

I've been with PN for one year now and can say I haven't had any problem at all.

I need a Internet connection to be there and my email to work and that's it, I don't want or need any thing else. So to me the £21.99 I pay is great value for money at the present time, and as long as it works when I turn my computer on I'll be happy for ever.

10 out of 10 here Cool
Community Veteran

Positive Feedback

Solstans, I said I agreed with everything said in the post, which I belive was aimed more at the connection side of things, which I feel is excellent, the cgi and MySQL are rather unreliable with humbug and rumpus being on a go slow, which I'm not too happy about, but can't comment on the disk failure on the old servers as it didn't effect me (I only started using CGI after that). I also agree that PN have some communication issues, but I feel they are starting to sort themselves out, nowhere near finished though. Whether they are or not only time will tell. Overall I am happy with plusnet and stand by the statement that I agree with the original post.
N/A

Positive Feedback

I agree with everything, especially this
Some people will probably think im mad for saying this

Wink