cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ports Blocked

N/A

Ports Blocked

Is anyone else experiencing blocked ports, namely ports 80 and 25. I run my own web and mails servers and I can connect to them my side of the router but not from the internet side. Last email received was at 11:41 so port 25 was working up to this time. Have not changed configuration my side, i.e. port forwarding have not been changed.

It seem to suggest to me that the problem is PN side. Could be with PN firewall, my settings show it off but ports 80 and 25 can be blocked here.
2 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Ports Blocked

Hi,

Just checked my own connection and ports 80 and 25 are open fine and I can connect to both my mail and web servers.

Can't think of anything obvious that would cause it, tried a reboot of the router?
N/A

Ports Blocked

It's fixed, problem my end. I have seperate router and modem and somehow the DMZ in the modem was disabled. Not sure how this happen. Rebooted the modem just before noon to update it to BST. So this is when the ports stopped working. But don't understand why this has not happened before as the modem has been rebooted sereval times before.