cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal time out's still??

N/A

Hi,
I thought that someone at F9 was going to fix the problem of the portal timeout duration bye the 4th of Dec as I recall it? well frankly it still doesnt seem any different to me & frankly its still driving me nuts (no I dont want to configure an auto login before you suggest that) As I stated previously I just want a reasonable length of time before the portal page time's out. Its still ridiculously too short still?? Am I the only one who feels this way? come on when are we going to have this fixes pleaseHuh

:roll: Ivan
20 REPLIES
N/A

I thought that someone at F9 was going to fix the problem of the portal timeout duration bye the 4th of Dec as I recall it?

You believed that?... I guess you're expecting Santa and the Tooth Fairy too!
N/A

I believe Ian said that it would be "fixed" when the system was upgraded. It was originally supposed to be last weekend, but it was put off due to problems.

Mark
N/A

Replying Re: time out durations

Hi didit,
Actually I believe your right in what you said, and I had forgotten that the system upgrade was indeed put back, quite right Thanks for pointing that out to me. I still hope this gets fixed as its a total pain having too keep login back in all the flipping time. Its driving me nutts!!!! ERrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,etc,etc.

Cheers Ivan :x
Ianwild
Grafter

Yep, it's fixed on the new codebase, but as has been said the rollout of this has been delayed until the new year due to major bugs identified in testing....

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Replying

Hi ianwild,
I dont mind waiting if this means that any bugs get ironed out, rather that than have buggy code flapping around all over the place. Anyway your comments appreciated alot, My Thanks Ivan

:lol:
N/A

Auto login

Maybe I am not paying attention to the instructions but I have twice set Autlogin and my internet security settings are standard. But no change.

Any comments
N/A

I always make the mistake of forgetting to check the "on" radio button when I set it Shockedops: Not too much of a problem but have to go back to the page again and reset it.

Mark
Ianwild
Grafter

Re: Replying

Hi ianwild,
I dont mind waiting if this means that any bugs get ironed out, rather that than have buggy code flapping around all over the place.
:lol:

We are never going to be able to make a bug free platform entirely, the nature of what we are doing means SOMETHING will be forgotton / missed / not work as planned. That said, we are not going to let anything slip through that we find and we are testing as throughly as we can on our Beta platform. There will never be a way to re-create 100,000 customers hammering the service though!

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Evolution NOT revolution

Hi
I understand what your saying about the beta versions of the platform and about the testing process, and that its almost impossible to reproduce & stress test exactly the same as 100,000 users all hammering away at the software. But for my mind I have come to the conclusion that platforms such as this (the portal) require a process of evolution and not revolution.

The common problem I see time and time again with total repetition after boring repetition is that software often evolves into an excellent package or program version that has succeeded in balancing usability & great features together with extremely good functionality. But what then does the writer or publisher do but bring out yet another version of the same software ONLY to completely ruin it, bye adding yet more bells & whistles most of which are rubbish & few of which are really innovatitive or break new ground. **This is why NOT all new versions of a program ARE A BETTER version than the previous version/s.
**There is also far too much of a tendancy to be forced by the megalith that is now Microsoft to follow almost exactly what MS does when it comes to software design, even down to how software must be installed, whilst I understand the needs for standards and why developers follow this lead it does frustrate me a great deal and I cannot help feeling that Microsoft have succeeded in completely crushing fresh & original ideas. So Microsoft offers updates over the web so everyone else & his dog have to follow sheep like and do the same.

Its just frustrating too see this process and it goes to prove that there are very few truely original ideas. The truely original ideas get copied or ripped off it would seem for better or worse.

Ivan
N/A

Hi,
..Am I the only one who feels this way?..

I am being driven slowly bonkers by the timeout. What is it set too?

I remember sometime ago when it was first introdcued, F9 said it could be user configured. Whatever happened to that?

The number of times I've written an email, clicked send, then been prompted with the login box has made me go grey(er). I know I should prepare in notepad first (or use outlook <g>) but I never think that it is going to happen to me this time...

I'm sure that if everyone who is annoyed by the timeout posted here, this thread could hold the "worlds longest thread" title. ( plus people would timeout whilst reading it )

PS: aarrgghh! I timed out whilst writing the above!
N/A

Driving me nuts still, Errrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

I hope that the comments regarding NOT being able to make things entirely bug free, isnt just an F9 get out clause for NOT fixing this, as its still driving me nuts as is the stupid page redirection which again should have been fixed by an F9 portal programmer yonk's ago (Oh! Yes! WHEN IS THE PAGE REDIRECTION problem also going to be fixed thats another prevebial pain the backside too??

Ivan
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi,

The redirect is there is allow an SSL login for our customers, there is not another way to do this at the moment.

I say we will never be bug free because the nature of software like ours is that we will never be able to test every eventuality. There are no excuses for broken things, but we will be able to fix any problems muchg more quickly under the new code.

The portal timeout is set to 15 minutes at the moment I believe, autologin does work if used in the way it was designed - You need to be careful if you are using bookmarks that you actually setup Autologin on the same URL (ie portal.f9 rather than www.f9). As I say though, the timeout will be increased when we role out our new codebase (which is likely to be late this month or early next month).

Regards,

Ian
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi Guys,

Apparently, the portal login timeout has now been increased. It's difficult for me to test this as I use Autologin here... Your feedback would be appreciated!

Regards,

Ian
N/A

I thought this timing issue had been sorted? Whenever I clear my cache and cookies for a clean up, I log into the F9 portal. The very next link I click on invites me to log in again. If I forget where the auto login is situated, it can take me 3 or 4 log ins to find it. Very annoying :x

Mark