cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal security

N/A

Portal security

Hi all. (especially support)
Opened a new tab in Opera and clicked on metronet.co.uk from the list of previously entered sites, clicked on Summary under the " My Account " heading and got taken straight to my Summary page on the https server. Surely I should have had to login again. This forum which isn't on a secure server asks for my login details if I leave the page open but am inactive for some time.
Is this a server fault or the way I have Opera set up?
Cheers
Jon
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Portal security

Hi John

This is an issue that has been raised - more work-in-progress I'm affaid. It's on James' list of thing to have done but as you will be aware there have been several other issues for the tech monkeys to grabble with of late and the list was quite long Wink

Bill
N/A

Portal security

Hi Bill.
Yeah.. no worries, I didn't find another reference to the problem so the post was more of a warning than a gripe. (why was posted here instead of AG.)
Cheers
Jon (no h)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Portal security

Sorry about the stray "h" Shockedops:
N/A

Portal security

I'll let it slide this time :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Jon
N/A

Re: Portal security

Hi all. (especially support)
Opened a new tab in Opera and clicked on metronet.co.uk from the list of previously entered sites, clicked on Summary under the " My Account " heading and got taken straight to my Summary page on the https server. Surely I should have had to login again. This forum which isn't on a secure server asks for my login details if I leave the page open but am inactive for some time.
Is this a server fault or the way I have Opera set up?

If you're logged in to the portal and you open another browser window or tab, you won't be prompted to log in again. This is because you're still in the same browser session and things are ment to work like that. If you're finding you're already logged in after starting the browser from scratch, though, then there's an issue.