Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal "Manage My Mail "never works properly for m

gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'm getting fed up with having to raise a ticket every time I change something to do with my email on the portal. (Which has been necessary because of recent events).

If I add a new mailbox, change an alias or a password for a mailbox it inevitably doesn't work. I then wait for ages to see if it is just taking its own good time. Eventually it may work, but usually it doesn't until PN refresh the email components.

I then read that it is fixed, but clearly it isn't. I changed all my aliases to point to another new mailbox today - another dismal failure, they are still going to the default box.

Can someone from PN please have a look at the code on the portal and get it fixed once and for all?
18 REPLIES
gm4jjj
Rising Star

I have raised a ticket about this now.
gm4jjj
Rising Star

Am I on the only person to have problems with this?

Basically the portal says that aliases point to one mailbox, but mail to those aliases still goes to the default mailbox where the aliases previously pointed to. :?

Any chance of a bit of a nudge being given to the system please?
N/A

Historically changes to mailboxes/aliases can take up to four hours to take effect as these have to filter through to the various mail servers.

Raise a ticket if this is still happening in the morning/later on this evening.
gm4jjj
Rising Star

Thanks - already did raise one earlier as I thought that the change was implemented immediately - in other words I believed the status of the webpage. :roll:
N/A

Theres does seem to be a problem?

I created a new paygo dailup, but having problems receiving mail to those mailboxes. mailboxes are there but mail keep bouncing back to my yahoo account...

guess this can wait till tomorrow
gm4jjj
Rising Star

I'm sorry to report that my aliases still point to the wrong mailbox despite what the portal shows.

PN please can you action my ticket from yesterday?
N/A

Could you post the Ticket number as a pointer to the support guys please. *Might* help them find it faster.
gm4jjj
Rising Star

I got a reply a few minutes ago saying some changes had been made, but it still doesn't work. :?
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

I've passed this ticket on to the networks team to look into further for you.
gm4jjj
Rising Star

Thanks Mand - I wonder what is so odd about my particular account that is so troublesome? :?
Mand
Grafter

I guess you're just lucky. :?

I'm sure the networks guys will get this sorted for you quickly. We could try a few things in terms of the email component, but tbh I wouldn't wanna break the stuff that does work by doing so, unless it's a major hassle for you.
N/A

Aliases had never worked for me. It still shows up when I visit my mail management portal but it does nothing. So I don't think you're alone in it not working.

More alarming(irritating), I seem unable to change my mailbox password. I was one of the people who noticed the weird scripts etc on the webmail and raised a ticket on it. I'd gone to change my login password (successful) but my mail password doesn't seem to want to change no matter what I do or how long I wait. It is quite annoying and it will be helpful to know why or have a workaround. At least the webmail is down, but I keep wondering if someone else can access my mail or not Sad
gm4jjj
Rising Star

I guess you're just lucky. :?

I'm sure the networks guys will get this sorted for you quickly. We could try a few things in terms of the email component, but tbh I wouldn't wanna break the stuff that does work by doing so, unless it's a major hassle for you.

Thanks Mand, still no progess I'm afraid. That's more than a day I'm having to check the default mailbox when I don't want to.

I would really like it sorted properly, so that I can make further changes without having to bother PN every time.

Thanks.
gm4jjj
Rising Star

I expect this will wait until Monday now. Still no progress today, but I imagine you all have other things to attend to right now.