cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal & E-mail both broken?

N/A

Morning, and not particularly good, I suspect.

I'm unable to check or retrieve e-mail this morning. Outlook 2003 reports 'The connection to the server was interrupted', Webmail reports 'Username/Password match not found' on login and Magic Mail Monitor reports 'connection was lost'.

Updated at around 8:50am Sunday 17th - I reported this to support this morning - see http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=email

Updated as at 9:00am Sunday 17th - seems to be working again.

And again at 9:05 - perhaps I spoke too soon ...

The portal service status displays the following, as at 7:20 am this morning:

I'm a little suspicious that all the services show a duration of 7 Hrs 20 Mins as at 7:20 ... but I'm definitely interested in knowing when the apparent error will be fixed!

Cheers,

Jeremy
22 REPLIES
stonechat
Grafter

The fault shown is not the current problem it's delay to emails. Yes the email is broken!
I will log a new fault

Bob
DavidHH
Grafter

Agreed, yes, mine is broken too,
again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and ..... !!!!!
N/A

Are you seeing the same anomaly in the fault duration as in my screenshot?

I just reported this to support and there does appear to be a general issue with e-mail server authentication, as well as the portal problem duration reporting.

Oh well, more time to wrap Christmas presents then, I guess.
Richchad
Grafter

Same here, cannot log on to webmail, does not recognise my username/password.....here we go AGAIN :x
lingbob
Grafter

Same here -- can't login to WebMail!
Community Veteran

.... and here. "The POP server “mail.plus.net” rejected the password for xxxxxxx" message coming up on all of our email accounts.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
rammie1976
Grafter

Deja vu! Evil
dolphin2728
Dabbler

I don't use Outlook to collect email and have had no problems getting mail from Plusnet to-day or at any time. I use Eudora.
JakTheBiscuit
Grafter

Not back for me

I can neither get email via my pop3 email reader (Outlook 2003) nor via Webmail.

Seems to be an authentication problem.
dolphin2728
Dabbler

I just checked again and I can't connect now!!
Lorian
Grafter

Ok who deleted what this time?
N/A

Yes it looks like the elastic band has snapped again.

Will PN ever upgrade it so it might have some sort of a back bone? Its been like this for the last year or so, so I guess not.
Community Veteran

It seems to be intermittent. Sometimes I can connect fine, others it fails with a remote connection terminated.

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1166343210.htm
N/A

email failures

The bi-weekly mail fault is on time again!!! You can set your watch by these outages.

Will PlusNet publish the outage statistics for the last 6 months? I'm sure the outages must bring it closer to 90% than 100.....

(Critical mail waiting.....)