cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Speed, Web Mail speed

N/A

The portal, forum, web mail are all so slow and getting worse and this is supposed to be a commercial service (i.e. we are paying for it). 4mins and 40 seconds to open web mail and inbox still not populated (gave up of course!). Plusnet, you are letting yourselves down!
7 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

Yeah, seems to be going slow here too, which is annoying (Webmail more than the portal ATM). However, I think I saw a post here saying that it was going slow for PN internally too, and that people were investigating.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 3

Re: Portal Speed, Web Mail speed

Plusnet, you are letting yourselves down!

Yes.

We are looking at this at the moment. It impacts us as well!
shellsong
Grafter

Mmm! It has just taken me 6 minutes to go to my postmaster account, clean out 2 pages of SPAM, logout and return here and most fresh pages on the forum are taking 20-30 seconds to resolve :roll:
ceridwen
Grafter

It does begin to feel like all of PN's systems (ADSL, DNS Services, Mail services, WebMail servers, portal, etc.) are suffering performance issues at present.

The elloyacas aren't throttling internal PN traffic by any chance ;-)

Matthew
shellsong
Grafter

That's the trouble with these Cybercreatures-- you let them loose and next thing you know they're throttling everything that moves! Tongue
N/A

Been trying to catch up on posts in here on and off all day, but for the most part its been far too slow to make it worthwhile trying.

Things are improving slightly now (hence I have sufficient patience to post this) but its still ridiculously slow.

Pretty poor for a company in the business of selling internet connection, software development and webhosting services, if they can't manage to keep their own site moving along happily!
Dan
Grafter

Apologies for this. We've been working the problem all day. Right now we believe that it is back under control but we are looking at making further preventative changes later on tonight.

As Kelly said, the problem has affected staff and customers alike, so we do know first hand what kind of pain that's been inflicted.

As I say, hopefully we've got it back under control but we are sorry for the poor show today. We'll make sure that service status messages go out regrinding any further preventative changes we may make tonight.

Regards,

Dan Kirkland
PlusNet staff