Grafter

Portal Speed Change Tool

Hehe :lol:
72 REPLIES
lowry
Grafter

Portal Speed Change Tool

Hi guys,
Just wondering when the portal speed tool (allowing users to throttle their speed at the portal - not synch speed) will be available? Is there a date set yet?

Thanks in advance,
matt Wink
N/A

Portal Speed Change Tool

This won't appear until PN are actually happy the new £21.99 package is acceptable and sustainable...same as the FUP.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Portal Speed Change Tool

Unfortunately we don't currently have a set date for when this will be available, however we are working on getting this on the portal as soon as we can.
N/A

Portal Speed Change Tool

Anyone surprised by that? :lol:

Not that I'd call you a liar bbrown but I believe it's ready just not yet implemented incase management change their mind again.
N/A

Spare programmers

You'd think there's be lots of spare programmers about, now the FUP has been scrapped.

On recent experience, i wouldn't believe any dates/specs of anything.
N/A

Portal Speed Change Tool

Unfortunately we don't currently have a set date for when this will be available, however we are working on getting this on the portal as soon as we can.

No offence to Ben, but this really is becoming the "Stock Reply #1" to all package related info. In my business If I don't give projected dates I'm dirt...

There are Business customers screaming for dates
There are Teleworkers screaming for dates
There are people screaming about receiving exchange upgrades, but still on low speed
There are people that still don't understand FUP, After-FUP, Contention
The system is chocker with tickets...
There are more and more new users venting on the forums...

Jaw dropping incompetence somewhere in PN...
heads should roll...

I look forward to someone cleaning up this mess!

Rant over..

So WHEN are PlusNet going to finish sorting their house out ;-)
LiamM
Grafter

Portal Speed Change Tool

I'm beginnnig to think Plusnet do not have a clue what is going on... ever....

If they're trying to run their business effectively they must at the least have a target as to when this tool is available.
Community Veteran

Portal Speed Change Tool

Share price is falling, those investors are getting a little restless too.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=PNT.L&t=3m

Chilly
N/A

Portal Speed Change Tool

If they're trying to run their business effectively they must at the least have a target as to when this tool is available.

Spot on.... all big businesses that I know/have worked for have plans with dates...

Dates get slipped... plans change... accepted.

But not to give any indication is actually worse... it indicates disorganisation and chaos.

PN Feedback: The message you are sending your customers at the moment is very negative.
csogilvie
Grafter

Portal Speed Change Tool

Out of interest:

Would you rather not know the date, and get a surprise when it launches, or know the date and watch it slip due to unforseen cirumstances?
N/A

Portal Speed Change Tool

I'd rather know a date and be let down...simply because it lets us know just how well PN are doing. PN not giving a date means "we're getting there, no rush, no care....giving a date at least says "well expect it then, all being well" and should they miss that date, they provide information on that date as to how much longer. Failure to do this shows a poorly organised business.

So yes, date is good, failing the date and explaining why is still better than no date at all...however right now PN would really not be advised to be late. But no date at all? That is horrific.

Oh and the graph...if you look over a year you'll see there is a definite trend, the new packages being announced were the peak....(there abouts)...but now...the value is definately declining. There is certainly a reason for that however no solid conclusions can be drawn for 1 more month, if they have not gone up by then, it's time to ask "PN...do you know what you're doing?"
N/A

Portal Speed Change Tool

Ditto that... a date please.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

Portal Speed Change Tool

Hi there,

We have the detailed project specification and work is on the development stack however a date will not come to light until further down the line I am afraid.

I understand that this has been said before. If I could supply a date though, rest assured I would.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Veteran

Portal Speed Change Tool

Bob,
I read somwhere on these forums that Easystart customers would either have to wait until the speed change tool is available or change to another package before you can lift throttling after the free upgrade is completed by BT is this true?