cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Password

N/A

Portal Password

Just saw this post by DT about passwords. the funny thing is, I'd just tried to login to the portal and my username and password was rejected. I tried again and it was fine. Anyone else had problems?

(This wasn't user-error as my username and password are kept in a secure keychain by my browser/os and auto-magically filled it for me)
11 REPLIES
N/A

Portal Password

Thats the first report I have seen regarding this, although saying that there have been issues as of late regarding the ability in staying logged in long enough in order to make a post.

It could well be a one of and never happen again. This being said it could be that up until now no-one has noticed and simply shrugged it off as user error and further cases have happened.

Best thing is wait and see if it does it again or not, or if anyone else has had this happen to them.

Regards,
N/A

Portal Password

Yeh, as experienced by many others I've also been plagued by the issue of being repeatedly kicked out.
This was a new one on me too, but I thought I'd mention it incase anyone else has problems so we can track it. Hopefully it is indeed a one-off.
Community Veteran

Portal Password

The "Kicking off" sems to be quite common at the moment and it has just happened to me :x
It also happened a couple of times the other night so something is amiss with the forums Sad
N/A

Portal Password

I have had little choice but to have auto login enabled.

It got to the stage where I was being logged out every 1 - 3 clicks on a link. It took me 10 minutes to send a PM earlier due to this lol so I got fedup and simply enabled autologin.
N/A

Portal Password

Over the last 24 hours the random log out issue has caused me grief, however, just like the OP, I have now experienced the password issue, twice.

Whilst replying to a PM I got logged out, however the page immediately showed up invalid username and password as opposed to just requiring the simple but infuriating re login.

This portal is well borked and each day something new gets added to the mix.

/note to QA. Rub it out guys and draw it again. Wink
N/A

Portal Password

Aha! so it wasn't a random hallucination.
Do you reckon it's worth raising a ticket about the issue, or just see how it goes when the other login issues get sorted?
N/A

Portal Password

The login issue is being investigated and we collated some info for QA today.

It was passed back to the developers at lunchtime. I will make sure that this latest problem is added in the morning. Wink

My sanity or lack thereof, cant take much more Sad
N/A

Portal Password

Hmm,

It is definately worth mentioning to the comms team to pass on. Every bit of info they can gather as to the effects recent changes have had will do nothing less than help them isolate the problem ( ok perhaps not solve it but at least give them insight before borking the portal up again Wink lol ).

Im sure it will get highlighted to the comms team soon enough.

Regards,
N/A

Portal Password

Cheers Mark, Tom.
If there's any info I can gather to help, give me a shout.
N/A

Portal Password

Certainly will. Smiley
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Portal Password

I may have experienced this problem on Tuesday, while logging into an account that I only very occasionally log into. Twice my password was rejected. The 2nd time I was very careful to get it right. I then left it a while (10 mins maybe) thinking I was thinking of the wrong password, and when I tried again I got straight in. I put it down to my fingers not doing what my brain was telling them which is still quite probable!

I've had no problems with any of my other accounts.

Phil