cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port995 - is there a problem?

lyndonp
Grafter

Is there a problem with sending mail via Port995?

I can retrieve mail OK but unable to send any out via Thunderbird client, keep getting the error "...the server may be unavailable or refusing SMTP..."

No changes made to my client so I don't think it is my end.

Could somebody have a look please.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

There's no problems that I know of, monitoring doesn't report any issues. I'll keep a look out and see if CSC have seen anything. I'd suggest testing with relay.plus.net and see if that allows you send email (no username and password required).
lyndonp
Grafter

My son's isn't working through Port995 either.

Just tried again now and it is working - no changes at my end so it must be an issue on Port995 I would say Cheesy

I think there has def been an issue. It has been quite reliable recently after the issues last year. Has somebody been tinkering at your end? Tongue
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Not that I know of, not in the evening anyway. Still glad that it's working now, I can't give any explanation but will check with the guys that look after it tomorrow.
lyndonp
Grafter

Ok Thanks anyway Dave. It has to have been something down there!

Must be quiet down there for such a quick reply!! Tongue
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Hi

I have looked in to this for you, and am unable to see any issues with the service last night.

If this happens again, then please drop an email to support@port995.com with a copy of the error that you receive and we will look in to it for you.