cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port 43594 (Runescape) blocked?

N/A

My two sons have been playing Runescape for quite a while. However recently (since about 7th November) they have being having problems logging on to the game server and the Runescape FAQ suggests that port 43594 or 43595 could be blocked by a firewall.
I've checked my PC and Router settings and apart from NAT and Netbios port blocking being enabled no other ports are blocked and so I can't see any reason why these ports should be blocked. I've checked the ethernet traffic using Ethereal and it seems that packets sent to port 43594 are being blocked suggesting that this may be happening in the network. As far as I understand Plusnet doesn't block these ports but could this be confirmed.
Thanks
4 REPLIES
N/A

I'm pretty sure those ports are not blocked,
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Those particular ports aren't blocked on our network.

The ports currently blocked are listed below, with a brief explanation of the associated risk:-

135 - MSblast/Nachi RPC Exploit Attack
TCP/UDP Port 137 - Used by W32.Opaserv Worm, scans for available open shares **
TCP/UDP Port 139 - Open share connection attempts for file shares on Win 9x, ME & NT **
TCP Port 445 - Sasser/Agobot/GenericBot/Open share connection attempts for file shares on Win 2K, XP & Win 2K3
UDP Ports 1026-1029 - Used by messenger spam **
TCP Ports 1023-1028 - Used by messenger spam/Lsass Vulnerability/NetSpy **
TCP Port 1434 - SQL Slammer
TCP Port 12345 - Netbus Trojan **

** Broadband Plus/Homesurf accounts only

I don't know how Runescape works but do the ports needed to be forwarded on the router?
N/A

I fixed this problem but I don't know how. In response to dtomlinson's suggestions I setup port forwarding, setup a DMZ, upgraded my router's firmware all to no avail.
The kids normally use Firefox to play Runescape or a standalone app that utilizes I.E to play the game both of which didn't work on the high detail level. I then used I.E. to load the game and it worked. I then retried Firefox and the standalone app and they both worked. And what is more weird it also now works on the laptop which I didn't touch but does use the same router.
Hope this is of help to someone in the future!
LiamM
Grafter

My brothers are addicted to runescape (I don't really have any idea what it is) and haven't reported problems to me.

I'm fairly sure if it wasn't working I'd be getting it in the ear...