cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port 4125

rslsys
Grafter

Port 4125

Anyone know if port 4125 is being throttled?

It is the port used for Microsoft Remote Web Workplace and the connection is crawling at the moment.
6 REPLIES
rslsys
Grafter

Port 4125

Think I just answered my own question.

I have now set up an encrypted hardware based VPN between the two sites and RWW is flying.

Both sites have PlusNet business accounts, why is Plus choosing to throttle Port 4125 to death?

RWW is a very necessary protocol and a very widely published one, it is not allocated to some dodgy downloading site.
N/A

Port 4125

Like wise...vpn is screwed.

Looks like any encrypted traffic is being "managed"

I use an app on port 1533. Since it uses an encrypted protocol, the use of it is now pointless. It's only a simple chat program, but one our company treats as a core part of their business. Since we have sites all over the globe, it is used to send docs and to conference chat. I can't use it from home now due to Plusnet throttling the traffic.

Thanks Plusnet.
N/A

Port 4125

PN don't throttle ports, they throttle traffic based on "deep packet inspection". So it apparently doesn't matter what port it uses, it'll always be the same.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Port 4125

Hi,

VPN traffic should get picked up in the gold queue, but it's possible that the particular VPN traffic doesn't have a signature in the Ellacya to identify it correctly. My suggestion here is to raise a ticket and provide us with the details of the VPN and we can check this out.

Another thought, you are VPN'ing from one PlusNet connection to another, are both connections connected on the same gateway at the same time? You can check the gateway with the following link

http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway/
rslsys
Grafter

Port 4125

What difference should it make if both VPN's are on the same gateway?
Do the VPN's need to be on different gateways to get best (any) performance or is best throughput achived when they are on the same gateway?
Plusnet Alumni (retired) _CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Port 4125

Microsoft RWW should be fine now.