cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor technical support

N/A

Poor technical support

Sad

Two weeks ago I started having problems with my connection. I am paying for a 2000 kbps connection and i getting between 43 and 180 kbps. Plus net started off being helpful, reported things to BT. However they are now doing nothing (except billing me of course). When BT rang me it was very interesting to note that whilst I am paying for 2000 kbps Plusnet had only asked BT to supply me with 1000 kbps (a mistakeHuh).

My problem is clearly linked to a BT fault, it was fine until my voice line went dead.

If I ring PLus net I get high call volumes message, tonight wait time is 50 minutes. Maybe plus net could employ some more staff then they might be able to more than simply bill their customers. I wonder if they have any service level agreement or if their directors would accept the level of service that I am receiving.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Poor technical support

When BT rang me it was very interesting to note that whilst I am paying for 2000 kbps Plusnet had only asked BT to supply me with 1000 kbps (a mistakeHuh).

Very likely, I moved from BT Yahoo where I had 2Mb up and running with no downtime to PlusNet with 1Mb and well, looking at the "Announcements/Service Updates" forum shows the scale of problems they have.
Whether it's a series of unfortunate mistakes or has system, only PlusNet knows.
munsy
Grafter

Poor technical support

I personally can't wait to get away from this company. Changes your contract to suit them, give you no personel notice that it will affect you and do not give you the speed that you signed up for.

Strongly suggest anyone not happy that you post bad feedback on any site that rates ISPs like http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/rate.asp

and tell it, as it is.
N/A

Poor technical support

Strongly suggest anyone not happy that you post bad feedback on any site that rates ISPs like http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/rate.asp
and tell it, as it is.

Don't forget http://portal.plus.net/go/pcpro_draw/ Evil
N/A

Poor technical support

The connection speed you're getting is related to your line quality.

You signed up for up to 2MB. What speed you're connected at is in BT's hands, as far as I know. As for moving from a 2MB service to a 1MB service, again, as far as I know, BT have in recent times made the requirements for each speed grade more strict. You may have been borderline 2MB, and now the restrictions have changed, you're in the 1MB bracket.

can't comment on still only getting actual speeds of a couple of hundred K/s :/
N/A

Line quality

According to BT it is nothing to do with line quality. They were asked to set up 1000 kbps which their computers say is the max I was allowed. The slow speeds are BT but not line quality rather lost packets.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Poor technical support

BT's computers will have said that you can't have more than 1MB because of the records they have on the quality of your line.

Does your router/modem give you any details of the line noise etc?