cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service

N/A

Poor service

Been with F9 for years. Generally happy with the service, apart from the loss of the CGI server, so moved that to a dedicated hosting company.

Peak time usage last month was 4 GB. Peak time usage in the previous month was 6 GB. Peak time usage so far this month is 10.01 GB. So F9 tell me that my service is downgraded by a factor of 4: I'm now being throttled back to 2 Mb and will probably go lower before the end of the month. I will probably be back to my average 5 GB usage next month, but that doesn't matter to F9. My customer satisfaction does not matter to F9. F9 do not care.

Time to look for another service provider. Yet another disappointed F9 customer who originally signed up for an "unlimited" service.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Poor service

I appreciate your comments but it’s been said before unlimited isn’t possible for ISP’s now we have always stayed away from the trap that is the unlimited word.

The 10 GB you have used depending on your package but let’s say premier. Only affects really download programs and it doesn’t affect them completely it would only be if you hit 15 GB that your download programs would be stopped but you still have access to browsing and other services without any problems.

As its been said and shown more and more ISP’s are changing from the unlimited downloads to unlimited time instead as they have also seen the impact high usage has on there networks.
N/A

Poor service

I'm not bothered about unlimited. I would like SOME service. We have been with Force9 for about 8 years and apart from the odd glitch, by and large the service has been good. However, in the last few months I have to say it has dropped to a level that is no longer acceptable.

Email outages, connection loss. These are not something a business can live with. I agree. It is time to move our personal and our business accounts elsewhere. Several days without mail on a regular basis tends to be a killer and can cost thousands, not to mention making us look like fools when we have to phone our customers and apologise for not having access to mail.

The final straw is hearing nothing from Force9 when there is a problem. Silence is not an answer to a question.
N/A

Poor service

I appreciate your comments but it’s been said before unlimited isn’t possible for ISP’s...

Your reply fails to address my main problem. I'm not saying that I want a completely unlimited service - clearly this is impossible and I appreciate the reasons for you having to define some reasonable limits. However, I do not consider a 10 GB limit to be reasonable or in any way comparable to the service for which I originally signed up, particularly when there is absolutely no consideration given to my low usage in previous months before enforcing the restriction. It is quite clear that the successive changes to the terms and conditions have left me paying the same price for a poorer service.

I'm not bothered about unlimited. I would like SOME service. We have been with Force9 for about 8 years and apart from the odd glitch, by and large the service has been good. However, in the last few months I have to say it has dropped to a level that is no longer acceptable.

This is precisely how I feel - it is only in the last few months that I have really noticed things going downhill. I get the impression that F9 can no longer cope and their network is beginning to creak. I think it is time to escape before it becomes much worse.

It is time to move our personal and our business accounts elsewhere.

I've been looking around today and I've noticed that Zen do an 8 Mb service for £25/month with a 20 GB download limit and no upload limit. It includes 1 or 8 static IP addresses and migration is free.
N/A

Sevice

Same here, take a look below.

Good Evening
Please take a look at the Question Posted to F9. Set 22/06/06 7.23pm and it has stiil not been resolved. I am paying £20+ for this.

I am not receiving or can send any Email for the domain intersarc.co.uk

I have also got a redirect on http://www.intersarc.co.uk which is also not working.

Please advise.

Regards

Patrick Kirkland

Your comment 8:07am, Friday 23rd June 2006
I have also sent Emails from work to anything@intersarc.co.uk.

These are not even reaching my mailbox at force9.

What is going on, I do not pay £20 + a month for this to happen

P J Kirkland

James Somerville CSC Agent 8:34am, Friday 23rd June 2006
As previously advised on the telephone. I will perform a maintenance on the malbox. This should clear the problem for you. Please be aware that this takes around 4 hours to complete.

Regards,
James Somerville

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.force9.net/index_nlp.html

Your comment 4:14pm, Friday 23rd June 2006
Its is now 16.10

I still have had no mail.

How am I to work from home, this is not what I pay for.

I need answer urgently.

Patrick Kirkland

Your comment 6:48pm, Friday 23rd June 2006
It has now been over 24 hours since my Email stopped.

This is not acceptable.
N/A

Poor service

Just been on the phone to customer service. Held in a queue for 20 minutes until I was cut off. I also have a ticket which has been open for 34 hours that no one has bothered to reply to.

It has now been over 24 hours since my Email stopped.

This is not acceptable.

It looks like F9 have really messed up your domain. I've just done a few checks and they have full control over the DNS (the four listed nameservers are theirs) but these are not responding to requests for your domain. E-mails being sent to you will just be bounced back. If you want hosting and e-mail you'd be better going to a company like 1&1.
N/A

Poor service

I wholeheartedly agree. I have first-hand experience of 1&1 having set up hosting for a number of clients and they offer a top-class hosting service.

I'm afraid that the PlusNet/F9 service has deteriorated markedly over the past year. Sad I certainly would not use them for hosting a business site ATM, given the problems they are experiencing.
astarsolutions
Grafter

Poor service

I certainly would not use them for hosting a business site ATM

"At the moment" - you would never use Force9/Plusnet for anything more than hobby use ever.
Force9 advertises a business service and lists e-mail and web hosting as part of that, anyone who has been with F9 for a while would realise this is a joke, the amount of downtime they experience is ridiculous.
It still amazes me reading these forums that people still use these services for important things.

I am a business customer but all I use from F9 is the Internet connection, I get my hosting and e-mail elsewhere and never have any problems.