cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor rate of FIASCO connection success

N/A

Poor rate of FIASCO connection success

Trying to connect to the FRIACO number has been abominably unsuccessful recently - I've been trying to connect at various times this afternoon and have only just succeeded. Connection by the local call number has been faultless, but it's pointless paying for a flat-rate service which is inaccessible.

Don't give me bull**** about contention ratios - I shouldn't have to dial 20 times to get through once in an off-peak period.

[edited by Customer Support]
24 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Poor rate of FIASCO connection success

> Trying to connect to the FRIACO number has been abominably unsuccessful recently - I've been trying to connect at various times this afternoon and have only just succeeded. Connection by the local call number has been faultless, but it's pointless paying for a flat-rate service which is inaccessible.

Good Afternoon,

We can raise this to BT for you, we simply need you to fill out a standard fault template.

Plesae fill this out and send it to ourselves via the Contact us system and we can report this to BT for investigation.

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support    for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------

YOUR USERNAME -
EXACT NATURE OF FAULT -
FREQUENCY OF EVENTS -
DATES/TIMES -
NUMBER YOU ARE CALLING FROM -
0808 NO. YOU ARE CALLING -
YOUR CONTACT NO. -
YOUR LOCATION -
WHAT HAPPENS ON 0845 DIALUP -
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN ON THE HANDSET -
IS THE LINE A BT LINE -
YOUR MODEM / TA MODEL -
YOUR MODEM / TA SPEED (v.90, x2, v.92 etc, single / dual channel) -
IF YOU HAVE CALL WAITING, IS IT DISABLED? (#43#) -
IS CALLING LINE IDENTIFICATION ENABLED? (141 not used) -
IS YOUR DIAL TONE CONTINUOUS? (No 1571 or call diversion) -
IS THE NUMBER YOU ARE CALLING FROM IN OUR CLI LIST? -
ARE YOU TRYING TO USE AN EXTENSION AT THE SAME TIME? -
ANY EXTRA INFO –
steed
Grafter

I have also been experiencing problems trying to connect to the FRIACO number.

There is no engagged tone. I get through to PlusNet and it comes up with 'connected to remote computer' and then 'veryfying username and password' But it then comes up with 'Unable to connect'

The only other time I have been unable to connect and got the same error was when one of the PlusNet routers? (1 out of the 3 PlusNet had) was not working.

> > Trying to connect to the FRIACO number has been abominably unsuccessful recently - I've been trying to connect at various times this afternoon and have only just succeeded. Connection by the local call number has been faultless, but it's pointless paying for a flat-rate service which is inaccessible.
N/A

I posted a 'Contact Us' problem about this tonight, no reply yet. Generally tonight I have been receiving the Error 721 message.

Personally I really cannot be bothered to keep complaining because it is certainly NOT an isolated innocent only affecting one or two areas. However, I do not beleive the FRIACO service will ever be particularly reliable at peak times and it is not generally the case that a fix or resolution to a problem is found.

Stephen Creasey

> I have also been experiencing problems trying to connect to the FRIACO number.
>
> There is no engagged tone. I get through to PlusNet and it comes up with 'connected to remote computer' and then 'veryfying username and password' But it then comes up with 'Unable to connect'
>
> The only other time I have been unable to connect and got the same error was when one of the PlusNet routers? (1 out of the 3 PlusNet had) was not working.
>
>
> > > Trying to connect to the FRIACO number has been abominably unsuccessful recently - I've been trying to connect at various times this afternoon and have only just succeeded. Connection by the local call number has been faultless, but it's pointless paying for a flat-rate service which is inaccessible.
>

newinvention
Grafter

Evening,

I've been having difficulty dialing up to PlusNet today too - all afternoon / evening. I get an "unable to connect" message many times. Same (but not so bad, with emails).

I'm now dialling up using my free Freenetname account. It's not normally this bad. Hopefully things will resolve soon, Plusnet?

SJ
N/A

I went through a period where I was getting this problem not just with + net but with my other ISPs inc Freenetname. My connections would drop after a few seconds or I would connect at 2 Kbps and so on. I raised this with + net who pointed me in BT direction I tried BT on 6 or 7 times and each time they said my connection was OK but by a strange coincidence all is now back to normal.

Not much help to you guys I know but at least you are not the only ones.

Good luck and my sympathies.

Charlie
N/A

I'm also having difficulty connecting via the 0808 number. It's easily the worst I've experienced in my 4 months with PlusNet, until now connection has been very reliable if a little slow at times.

In common with other posters above I get connected and user name and password aren't verified. I guess the problem is at the PlusNet end and nothing to do with BT.

Tim

> Evening,
>
> I've been having difficulty dialing up to PlusNet today too - all afternoon / evening. I get an "unable to connect" message many times. Same (but not so bad, with emails).
>
> I'm now dialling up using my free Freenetname account. It's not normally this bad. Hopefully things will resolve soon, Plusnet?
>
> SJ

N/A

You can add me to the list as well.
Perhaps +net read this quicker than that frequently do the contact us!
--
wandelaar
Grafter

I also have connection problems on Friaco.

Connecting via ISDN, I can connect almost instantly to plusnet, however the username / password validation often fails. We have been here before methinks..

Last time it was because someone had cut a BT cable somewhere and it affected many ISPs, not just plusnet.

Can someone at plusnet please check with BT?

Regards (and soon hopefully a good connection).

Dave
wandelaar
Grafter

Just as a footnote..

My connection seems fine again now.

Someone at BT has had the good old sticky tape out and done the business..

Happy surfing..

Dave
N/A

I often dial in on the 0808 number and never get past the 'verifying name and password' bit. I get a message saying "disconnected from the remote computer" with no reason given. Usually connects on the 2nd or 3rd attempt though.
If it doesn't, I connect through another company.
I can't be bothered with the now, unfriendly, Contact Us screen with pages and pages before you can type the description of the problem.
N/A

I too connect via ISDN but it keeps failing on the username & password checking... WHY?
Last night for example it took me 4-5 attempts to connect ... Sad

chris

N/A

Our Connect services are a contended service, this means that we can not guarentee that our users can get on all the time.

On a side note we do not normally have people with problems which you state have experienced. this will be looked into.

Kind Regards

Kevin

--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support ................. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

Support,

While I appreciate it may well not be possible to connect all of the time.

Can you confirm whether PlusNet are reaching capacity on any of the FRIACO dialup services during peak times.

Regards,

Stephen Creasey
N/A

Not to my knowledge.

I know that usage monitoring is something that our management do keep a keen eye on.

Kind regards

Kevin

--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support ................. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----