cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Support Response

Barry_Doe
Grafter

Poor Support Response

When I joined Plus Net 6 months ago I was delighted at the Customer Support, both on the phone and then on the portal. Yesterday I had 0808 dialling problems. I could not connect for an hour so rang Support. After 25 minutes (listening to dreadful music) I gave up. If only they could give a rough response time. So I emailed Support and asked them if there had been an 0808 problem yesterday evening. This morning, after 9 hours, no reply.

Has PlusNet expanded to fast to offer us a decent service any longer?

Barry Doe
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Poor Support Response

Hi Barry,

I'm sorry you've not received the normal excellent quality of support we endeavour to provide, we are running a little behind on tickets at the moment, however we've allocated resources appropriately to get these done.

I've replied to the FRIACO thread further down a few minutes ago.

Regards,
Mike

--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
Barry_Doe
Grafter

> Hi Barry,
>
> I'm sorry you've not received the normal excellent quality of support we endeavour to provide, we are running a little behind on tickets at the moment, however we've allocated resources appropriately to get these done.
>
> I've replied to the FRIACO thread further down a few minutes ago.
>
> Regards,
> Mike
>
> --

> | Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Customer Support......................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

Thanks, but I note still no reply after 19 hours. Worse still I am STILL getting 0808 problems this afternoon. I have to dial 3 or 4 times to get it to work. It is getting a major headache. I left my previous server because of this and it has been wonderful to have months of perfect connections with PlusNet, but now that's all come to an end.

Barry Doe

N/A

> Thanks, but I note still no reply after 19 hours. Worse still I am STILL getting 0808 problems this afternoon. I have to dial 3 or 4 times to get it to work. It is getting a major headache. I left my previous server because of this and it has been wonderful to have months of perfect connections with PlusNet, but now that's all come to an end.

Hi Barry,

Sorry about that, I've answered your ticket now, can you please reply.

Regards,
Mike

--
Barry_Doe
Grafter

> > Thanks, but I note still no reply after 19 hours. Worse still I am STILL getting 0808 problems this afternoon. I have to dial 3 or 4 times to get it to work. It is getting a major headache. I left my previous server because of this and it has been wonderful to have months of perfect connections with PlusNet, but now that's all come to an end.
>
> Hi Barry,
>
> Sorry about that, I've answered your ticket now, can you please reply.
>
> Regards,
> Mike
>
> --
> | Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Customer Support......................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net

Sorry, this is ridiculous. You reply says fill in a PPP form and attach my log.
a) what on earth is a PPP form? and;
b) how do I attach anything to a reply in contact us anyway? Do literally copy all my log onto a space here or attach it as with an email attachment?

I wanted to as this on the phone. The portal said evrage wait 5 min and lngest wait 10 min. I waited TWENTY FIVE MINUTES and was then cut off. I tried again. ANOTHER twenty minutes and then I gave up.

PLEASE PLEASE can I have some service? This is pathetic.

I have now stopped referring PlusNet to anyone and shall be pleased to leave myself.

Barry Doe
N/A

Mike should have pasted you a form into a contact us response. We will need those questions answering. You will also need PPP logs which are given by modem. These shows what happens when you connect. The PPP logs are in slightly different places depending on the version of windows your running. So just press F1 for help in windows and search for PPP.

Kind Regards

Kevin

--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support ................. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net

Barry_Doe
Grafter

> Mike should have pasted you a form into a contact us response. We will need those questions answering. You will also need PPP logs which are given by modem. These shows what happens when you connect. The PPP logs are in slightly different places depending on the version of windows your running. So just press F1 for help in windows and search for PPP.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Kevin
>
> --
> | Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support ................. for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
>
>

Thanks. I have at last spoken to support and Dean emailed me instructions how to find the ppp log - but mine was not 'open' and so I have now started it up and await a few 'failures' before sending. I know how to get modem log.

However Dean only asked for those two logs and he mentioned nothing abiout a form and neither did Mike add a form, so how do I get that?

Barry
N/A

> Thanks. I have at last spoken to support and Dean emailed me instructions how to find the ppp log - but mine was not 'open' and so I have now started it up and await a few 'failures' before sending. I know how to get modem log.
>
> However Dean only asked for those two logs and he mentioned nothing abiout a form and neither did Mike add a form, so how do I get that?

Hi there,

I've mailed you the relevant form.

Kind Regards,
Mike

--
N/A

> Yesterday I had 0808 dialling problems. I could not connect for an hour so rang Support. After 25 minutes (listening to dreadful music) I gave up. > Has PlusNet expanded to fast to offer us a decent service any longer?
>
> Barry Doe

Just to add that I had the same issues, and waited for over half an hour on the Support number before being answered.

I thought it was amusing to hear Craig David's 'I'm walking away, from the troubles in my life....'. Surely not advice from Customer Support? he he laugh....

Seriously though, I had been reading about the connectivity issues with the Friaco 0808 number in these posts and then experienced it and then tried service status which doesn't mention it, then contact us which said it couldn't send the report... so on to the phone and the wait...then to be told that Customer Support were not aware of the issue. Obviously hadn't read the Forum posts then...

I'm sure I am expressing the frustrations of a lot of people who use Plus Net. Because we have been used to a service that runs well and has great features, we naturally gripe a little when things appear to be slacking. The obvious thing that I can see is the rate of expansion of the service in light of the price reductions of ADSL. Most of us I am sure would be happy if we could have a definitive 'Yes we have been snowed under, but yes we will get it all working again by such and such date'

Now take Webstats for example.... when is it going to be fixed and why hasn't anyone kept us informed?

Regards,
John
N/A

> Just to add that I had the same issues, and waited for over half an hour on the Support number before being answered.

Hi there, the phones are quite busy at the moment, they were very quiet earlier though - you hit us in the middle of a rush I believe. Remember we're 24/7 so you may have better results ringing at off-peak times.

> Seriously though, I had been reading about the connectivity issues with the Friaco 0808 number in these posts and then experienced it and then tried service status which doesn't mention it, then contact us which said it couldn't send the report... so on to the phone and the wait...then to be told that Customer Support were not aware of the issue. Obviously hadn't read the Forum posts then...

As far as we're aware there isn't a service-wide fault on FRIACO. Granted there are a few users in the forums with FRIACO faults, however these are seperate end-user faults.

As for Contact Us, what was the exact error? Are you trying to paste more than 600 characters into a ticket?

> I'm sure I am expressing the frustrations of a lot of people who use Plus Net. Because we have been used to a service that runs well and has great features, we naturally gripe a little when things appear to be slacking. The obvious thing that I can see is the rate of expansion of the service in light of the price reductions of ADSL. Most of us I am sure would be happy if we could have a definitive 'Yes we have been snowed under, but yes we will get it all working again by such and such date'

We agree we're busy, but we're actively taking steps to reduce response times. These include hiring new staff, putting more information on our portals, putting greater emphasis to empower our call centre agents to give a first-time fix each time, etc.

> Now take Webstats for example.... when is it going to be fixed and why hasn't anyone kept us informed?

Webstats are still being looked at. We have kept you informed, since they stopped working we have made several postings via Service Status and the plusnet service status newsgroups.

Regards,
Mike

--