cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Speeds....But BTs Fault, NOT PlusNet's!

craigbrass
Grafter

Ok, basically the Carlisle exchange (code LCCAR) has red virtual paths and broadband has been REALLY slow at sorta 6pmish to about midnight. Its painful. Worst part is its been like this since the start of June and the fix time is end of June meaning a month with slow connections. Sorry to be a pain but BT are useless!!!
11 REPLIES
N/A

OT: but im going to carlisle on tuesday from leeds to pick up a motorbike Tongue
Neil_Bullet
Dabbler

Hi,
I have been having speed problems for a while now and plusnet can not get BT to look into it until virtual paths are green.

I was told this in April and BT still have not fixed them. Just before the repair date they move the date back a month. Now this is just not acceptable as if they set a date they should stick to it.

So i would defiantly agree that BT are useless.
Oh yea also im on the Canterbury exchange.

Neil
N/A

If your exchange date keeps getting moved, i would recontact PlusNet to have it submitted.

The more DSLAMs in an exchange, the more risk of a RED result being show. Thus exchanges with higher numbers tend to remain on red for long periods of time, if not indefinate.

BT may have repeaired your VP or it may not have been a problem at all. As they repair one, another may become a problem.

In adition to this, some exchanges are not as staight forward as going in and activating or repairing the VPs.

Some may be prevented by needed new lines laying between exchanges, thus extended periods, or blocked ducking preventing such cable lays.
craigbrass
Grafter

Yea, but they should still get their finger out and go visit the exchange as soon as its getting bad and fix the problem in a max of 2 weeks!
Neil_Bullet
Dabbler

well ive got my fingers crossed at the moment since the repair date is 21st and this is the closest ive got to the date before it changes.

I understand that there is a lot involved to sorting the red VP problem but almost 4 months is just not acceptable.

If my speed problem continues after the 21st then im going to contact plusnet again.
craigbrass
Grafter

Or you could start a mini protest and barracade BT access to the exchange unless they are coming to fix VPs Tongue
N/A

Whats new. BT have always seemed useless.
N/A

I'm having the same problem on the Darwen exchange..
craigbrass
Grafter

Looks more common than I first thought. BT need to get their finger out.
N/A

Been having speed problems at Livingston Station exchange since February. Date for VP repair was moved several times, and eventually completed in mid May. Speed not much better than it has been since February.

Waiting for upgrade of DSLAM. First told it would be April. Then changed to May. Next changed to June, and now changed to July. Evil

Totally sick of being messed around here. At this rate it'll be 2006 before the upgrade, yet if I moved to a different ISP I could have it done almost immediately. I am not happy that I am paying the same monthly fee as all those already upgraded, yet there is no sign of our free upgrade.

I am ever so slightly p*d off with BT Evil

Edited to add:
Just had very quick reply from Plusnet. Upgrade has now been put back to the end of August!!!!!
N/A

At least you know what's happening with your upgrade - my dslam is listed as trial so god knows when that will get done.

As to the VP's - my exchange (Caerphilly/swcab) was down to have its VP's sorted on the 15th June - now put back to 12th July so another fan of BT here Wink