cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polls in this forum

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Polls in this forum

From time to time this forum is blighted with polls which are either pointless or the options are heavily skewed in favour of the originators opinion. Polls should have a useful purpose in this forum if they are designed properly and consequently all visitors will vote.

I wonder if a better way of doing this would be for a discussion to be held on the question and options before the poll is started. Perhaps the ability to start a poll should be removed from users and left to the moderators once the question and options have been agreed.

(I've obviously not included a poll with this post to ask if people think it's a good idea Wink )
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
49 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Polls in this forum

I'll support this motion!

Maurice
N/A

Polls in this forum

Thirded.
Ommin
Grafter

Polls in this forum

Sounds a very good idea to me but we need to know how the Moderators feel as it would probably increase their workload.
N/A

Polls in this forum

Fourthed
N/A

Polls in this forum

I would definatly support this idea.
Ommin
Grafter

Polls in this forum

Is that an echo?
Community Veteran

Polls in this forum

We're not always around and people would get frustrated waiting for us to come along and add a poll. I personally find most polls irritating and pointless but I don't think we need to remove peoples abilities to post them. Of course if this is general user opinion the moderators would then dicuss this idea further.

Chris
N/A

Polls in this forum

Is that an echo?

It was not meant to be..... for some reason my 1st post seemed reluctant to go it was taking an awful long time to connect to the server so I decided to forget it, and close my browser down.I can only guess that it chose that very moment to connect to the server and send it

Sorry folks :-(

Is it just me or are others finding it takes a long time sometimes to connect to either mail servers or Plusnets Webpages? Everything else seems to be flying tonight but not mail or the Forums.
N/A

Polls in this forum

Everything else seems to be flying tonight but not mail or the Forums.

I have noticed the forums randomly hanging over the last couple couple of days now Ian, most annoying when you are just about to hit the submit button. Clearly the gremlins are still lurking.
N/A

Polls in this forum

Glad to know its not just me who ends up watching a little spinning icon for ages and no forum appearing...
Ommin
Grafter

Polls in this forum

I personally find most polls irritating and pointless

I tend to agree with you but if they are going to be allowed they should at least present people with a sensible range of options and, in many instances, this is not happening. I can see what elvin is getting at but if it means an increased workload for the Moderators then it is they who should have the final say.
Ommin
Grafter

Polls in this forum

It was not meant to be.....

No offence meant and I hope none taken.
N/A

Polls in this forum

No offence meant and I hope none taken.

No worries it would take more than that to offend me :-)
Ommin
Grafter

Polls in this forum

I have noticed the forums randomly hanging over the last couple couple of days now

I had no problems earlier today but I logged off and then back on after the announcement giving the @plus.net realm the all clear late this afternoon and since then I have experienced this problem. I have used several gateways since then and it is the same on all of them.

Connecting to the E-mail servers and downloading has been slow for days if not longer.