N/A

Polls are thay needed??

Are polls needed in your forum or are thay just spam fodder
8 REPLIES
N/A

Polls are thay needed??

Suppose you want to vote "we don’t need polls"
You need a poll to cast such a vote
Therefore, you contradict your vote by the very act of voting.
Thus all votes however cast, can only be counted as a vote for "we need polls"
N/A

Polls are thay needed??

Also its not a clear cut Yes or No in reality - like most polls the options are too limited.

A poll with properly thought out options can be a good idea, where as a poll which is designed purely to enforce the opinion of the author or to force arguements is not...
shellsong
Grafter

Polls are thay needed??

I don't need polls but I don't see why those who want them shouldn't have them! There are times when they provide a clear indication of the strength of peoples concerns even if they are ignored by those who should be paying attention to the groundswell of opinion
N/A

Polls are thay needed??

I'm behind solstans 100%. This isn't the worst poll I've seen by a long strecth, but it and the first post are somewhat skewed and suggestive, which tends to be the case with polls here.
N/A

Polls are thay needed??

We all agree then. It's all a load of polls!! :roll:
N/A

Polls are thay needed??

Maybe we shoould have a poll to ask people if they thought this poll was necessary
shellsong
Grafter

Polls are thay needed??

Perhaps it should be necessary for the format of a poll to be discussed before it is allowed to become "live"
Community Veteran

Polls are thay needed??

Guys,

I'm locking this as there is already a thread on this discussion. Please keep all discussion in one place on a particular topic. With this one especially it helps us mods to assess the needs of the community as a whole.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40356

Chris