cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy on Plusnet Staff Having Admin Rights

Community Veteran

Just something that's intregied me really, I'm not that bothered about it but as many of you know a few weeks ago Phil Richardson (acarr) stepped down from being a mod here.

Since then he has started working for plusnet and often posts using his staff account. The other day I noticed his username appeared in Green in the who's online section of the forum index - this means that the user has admin rights.

This lead me to wonder what is the policy on plusnet staff having Admin rights?

just wondering ;-)
11 REPLIES
prichardson
Grafter

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure Shockedops:

I am actualy looking to drop the admin rights, as I would never use them for any admin related functions. I just needed access to one of the internal forums.

The policy of moderation is clear though. A member of staff would report it to a moderator to deal with, unless there is a very obvious need for it to go, in which case, it would only be removed from view until a mod could deal with it.

Kind Regards,
Community Veteran

Talk of the devil :razz:

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure Shockedops:

:lol:

The policy of moderation is clear though. A member of staff would report it to a moderator to deal with, unless there is a very obvious need for it to go, in which case, it would only be removed from view until a mod could deal with it.

I thought something like that would be the case - to stop people moaning about bias modding (though they do that anyhow :roll: ).

Thanks ;-)
rammie1976
Grafter

...I thought something like that would be the case - to stop people moaning about bias modding (though they do that anyhow :roll: ).

Thanks ;-)

I wonder why? :roll:
Community Veteran

We have had an ex employee become a mod, so it's only fair that an ex mod become an employee! :lol:

Hope you are enjoying it Phil.

I can't stand driving through Sheffield, never have been able to find my way around there without my trusty co-pilot (the missus). Do Sheffield City council have a 25 year rental agreement on traffic cones and JCB's? It seems no sooner have they finished playing with one part of the road system they start on another! :x

Hope the traffic woes don't spoil your days there. Cheesy
Community Veteran

We have had an ex employee become a mod, so it's only fair that an ex mod become an employee!

I often find that amussing too. The funny thing is we both moved to Sheffield from near(ish) Liverpool to work at PlusNet. Smiley

Chris
N/A

Now I know why we keep getting disconnects you lot keep nicking the tcp packets. :lol: :lol:
prichardson
Grafter

LOL. Great stuff Cheesy

It is certainly going well so far, aside from the fact I would like to live a little closer to Sheffield.

The traffic situation seems to annoy me too, and I have taken pleasure in getting lost at least once per day. Pleasure in thumping the steering wheel that is.
Community Veteran

Just do what I do when Im lost in London, drive n one direction for long enough and you'll find something you know, or at least sign to somehwre you do!

London has the M25 around it - which helps! :lol:
N/A

LOL. Great stuff Cheesy

It is certainly going well so far, aside from the fact I would like to live a little closer to Sheffield.

The traffic situation seems to annoy me too, and I have taken pleasure in getting lost at least once per day. Pleasure in thumping the steering wheel that is.

hehe Imagine mr Richardson

* Aw man, wrong <insert expletive here> way again - Thumps Steering Wheel - *Whoosh* - airbag pops up *

/me chuckles
csogilvie
Grafter

I am actualy looking to drop the admin rights, as I would never use them for any admin related functions. I just needed access to one of the internal forums.

Now, you of all people, should know how the permissions work Tongue
Community Veteran

Indeed, I think that's the only question Phil's not been able to answer that I know of...