cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pointing Domains to Subfolders.

N/A

Great tutorial - one daft laddie quesion though....

When I'm doing this, you remind us to make sure that the entry EXACTLY matches the directory we make in our FTP space.... am I right in assuming this directory should be within the default directory? (I'm basing this on the observation that I don't have permissions to do it any other way! : Smiley )

Newbie status = full.

Simon

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie): This thread has been created from discussion in the Forum Tutorial on using the Domain Control System]
7 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

Yep, it should be created within the htdocs directory.
N/A

Blimey, that was fast! Thanks. I presume the problem I've got then is caused by the delay in updating the records. I'll have a cup of tea and try again in a bit.

Great service, thanks!
csogilvie
Grafter

Possibly.. not sure how long it takes to change Cheesy
Community Veteran

I think that it can take up to 24hrs for PluNets servers to catch up with the changes and then you need to add another 48 hrs for the rest of the world to get into step.
csogilvie
Grafter

I thought we were talking about changing the folder it was housed in on the PlusNet server...
Community Veteran

I was meaning the time taken for any changes done to domain records coming into effect.
If a domain has been changed to point to a different folder isn't that the same thing?
csogilvie
Grafter

I shouldn't imagine so... all it needs is a setting for Apache to be changed which just requires Apache to be restarted on the server which should be done within 24 hrs.