cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plustalk and Landline deal

Community Veteran

Sorry for starting a second thread if there is already one I did not see.

If I take the anytime+ deal will I get unlimited plustalk calls as well as unlimited landline calls.

Would the phone service die if plusnets network goes pear shaped as it has been doing a lot frequently. is the landline service seperate from the bb service in the respcet of infrastructre or does it all go via one of plusnets 2 main data centres.

Do you get 100 operator and or cheap direct inquires?

Would i get caller display, 1571 etc.

also it would be nive if plusnet could increase my monthly allowanceas a second sweetner for using both plusnet services.

A
6 REPLIES
willhome
Grafter

1571 wouldnt work as thats a bt thing, if plusnet network went down so would plustalk as it runs through the broadband.
N/A

I was confused as to whether it was fee unlimited landline calls, or free unlimited plustalk calls too.
Community Veteran

sorry I'm referring to the new landline service by plusnet. I know the plustalk bit would die but how independant and robust is the new landline based service.

if it goes over plusnet network then at the miniute I don't think I could trust moving to it. if it's completely independant then it's more than likely I'll move to it.

A
LiamM
Grafter

As far as I understand it, the landline network will be run independantly and as such network outages wouldn't occur everytime a server at Plusnet wen't down or something.
N/A

it is simply a wholesale line rental package - in which BT (or rather, BT Openreach) still maintain the line. They bill plusnet and plusnet bill you.

One bill, lower rental. Quite nice really. But we'll have to see what the other rates are like Wink I am also hoping that CLID will still be supported :!:
Community Veteran

thanks gotdsl.

That makes the proposition a bit easier to consider.

A