cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet wont give me my MAC code

N/A

I requested my MAC code weeks ago through the ticketing system and have not received my mac code, I need it to switch to Talk Talk, this is against the Broadband Service Provider Migration Code of Practice from Ofcom. This is a disgraceful way to treat customers.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

1. Have you any deferred fees to be paid, and if so did you authorise them to take payment?

2. Are you on Tiscali LLU?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

I have fees and want to pay them but they don't allow payment for maestro and I asked them to contact me as I don't have time to hang on the phone for hours to pay a hidden charge that seemed to be added on suddenly when I said I was leaving.
Also why cant I add my maestro card as a card to make the payment, its only Amex,Visa or Mastercard in the drop down. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Community Veteran

Re: Plusnet wont give me my MAC code

this is against the Broadband Service Provider Migration Code of Practice from Ofcom.

Indeed it is. However I think you will find that PN never signed up to the Code, allow the official line is they follow it with the exclusion of the part about witholding MAC's when there are outstanding fees although I couldn't vouch for that personally never having requested a MAC from them.

I have fees and want to pay them but they don't allow payment for maestro

I've just double checked this with one of the CSC guys and they do accept it, but not via the portal (don't know why sorry).
ceridwen
Grafter

Re: Plusnet wont give me my MAC code

I've just double checked this with one of the CSC guys and they do accept it, but not via the portal (don't know why sorry).

Limitations in their mythical workplace software no doubt...

Matthew
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

All you have to do is add to your ticket (or raise a new one) pointing out that you do not have one of the cards listed and requesting alternative arrangements for paying the deferred fees.

Your initial post was most misleading, Plusnet are not withholding your MAC code, the ball is in your court to pay the deferred fees.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ceridwen
Grafter

I think the OP has already requested alternative payment from PN (
I asked them to contact me as I don't have time to hang on the phone
) but they haven't replied!

Matthew
N/A

I have asked for alternative payment, and there was an internal ticket from a supervisor telling someone to contact me for payment but nothing yet.