cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet threat to suspend service

N/A

Hi, Plusnet's bank have screwed up taking my direct debit because of this they tell me that they will suspend my service because I haven't paid! They appreciate it's not my fault, if they don't get their money I will lose my service. Anyone else had this issue with them. How can I be held accountable for their banks mistake. They need to sort out their bank and make them accountable not their customers. Plusnet always has been and seems, always will be the most uncustomer friendly inflexible organisation I have come across. Cry :!:
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Explained and clarified by PN here.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

I'd firstly like to apologise for the inconvenience caused, I can understand your frustration at something which is not your fault. The email was sent for information, and as part of our commitment to you when you elect to pay us by Direct Debit, I'm sorry if it caused you any concern.

The service will not be suspended unless the payment fails. This is the same for anyone who fails billing.

If any customer thinks their payment may fail for whatever reason, I'd recommend contacting us beforehand as we may be able to prevent the service being restricted.
N/A

You seem to miss the point. The failure to pay is not my fault it's yours, or your banks. You are insisting though that if your bank fails again to take my payment, I will lose my service. YOU are holding me accountable for YOUR mistake. YOU should be holding YOUR bank accountable and so should I.

How can I inform you that your bank is going to screw up, it's not my bank. The money is in the account, the direct debit is set up. The problem is at your end and you, as the service provider, should and need to ensure your bank and all it's processes work. When and if they don't you can hardly expect the client to suffer. If your bank fail again and my service is suspended I want your banks details to seek compensation. This is just the sort of low level service we have come to expect from companies associated with BT.
Mand
Grafter

Hi,

Apologies if I misunderstood, I also didn't make myself as clear as I should have.

If the payment fails again as it did before, due to a problem with our bank, your service will *not* be suspended. This is reflected in the fact that your service has worked as normal since the 4th (when the payments failed to be taken by our bank).

The only scenario in which your service would be suspended is if *your* bank rejected the payment for whatever reason.

I can assure you we have no desire, or justification, to punish you for a problem with our bank's processing issues.
Community Veteran

Jackmar,

I'd take a deep breath and relax to start with, me old china Wink

Mand has already apologised for this, and they will be aware that there is a problem with their system, not yours, so I'd advise you not to shoot the messenger please!

If the billing system fails for whatever reason, I'll make sure that you get all reasonable assistance to get the problem resolved.
I'd also bear in mind that it is a standard letter that you recieved, so don't take it personally please!

Furthermore, speaking from experience, since Plusnet was aquired by the BT group, my experience of the company has greatly improved, with a noticable improvement on resources and customer experience.
I'm saying this as a independent customer, and not as a member of the Plusnet UserGroup.

If you need any more assistance, please don't hesitate to shout - someone will help you.

Kindest regards,

Roger.

EDIT; Mand - You're just too quick!
Mand
Grafter

Surprisingly, considering it's Saturday! Cheesy