cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet shares up 15% today

N/A

Plusnet (epic code PNT) up today on back of talktalk AOL takeover. Seems likely PLusnet itself is now a target. My guess stalker is talktalk (as long as its not by tiscalli).
76 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I must admit that on hearing the AOL, TalkTalk take over, it did make me think that PlusNet may be worth an investment, on the off chance of a takeover.

Chilly
N/A

This is just the stock market marking up the industry after a major buyout.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6039740.stm

If Plusnet had it's own LLU kit all over the place it might be a target but I can't see it.

I would not be surprised to see CPW gobbled up by SKY once it is big enough (it is now in third place).
N/A

There's a book open on the betting here... Wink
N/A

Hopefully they will be taken over. By someone reliable. The England goalkeeper Paul Robinson would be an upgrade.
N/A

Wouldn't it be great if someone took over plusnet and employed people who knew how to run an ISP that made customers happy, whilst still making a profit.
manero
Grafter

kitz
Rising Star

I read elsewhere that the BT thing was a rumour.. and that some german co had been sniffing around in the past week or so.

TBH I dont want them being taken over.. theyd just get swallowed up and if you think things are bad now, at least we do have some decent support guys.
IMHO the bigger the company the worse support seems to get.

I'd much rather PN got their act together.
kitz
Rising Star

damn I cant find where I read what I stated above...
But I found something about the german co, so I know I wasnt imagining things
http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/061012/323/gok5t.html

Bit more updated info out this am and more speculation with BT from reuters says that they have indeed been approached "which may or may not lead to an offer being made".

link

[Moderator's note by Daniel (no7olivier): Edited to shorten long link as it was streching the page.]
gabriel
Dabbler

It is unlikely to be Tiscali stalking as their UK operation is said to be up for sale.
N/A

You'd think BT would have no interest in an ISP like Plusnet but reading that bit about them using their software (which must work) there could easily be a deal.

It's all about money of course and buying shares in PN might be a good idea. Or not Cheesy

One thing for sure and that's BT will stab Plusnet through the heart and that'll be the end of Plusnet PLC.
N/A

They need a takeover or a new management, otherwise it is really hard to see things improving.
N/A

Hmmm, the news story seems to talk about BTw rather than retail (it makes reference to PN buying bandwidth from BT - does that mean they must be talking about BTw?)

Is it a little odd that the share price was c400p before PN started having problems with MaxDSL roll outs?

Could it just be a coincidence that at the time lots of the problems we blamed on poor responses from BTw, poor fault resolution by BTw and poor planning by BTw?

Is it really true that after problems attributed in large part to BTw the share price has halved, and BTw seem interested in making a purchase?

Could be 2 + 2 = 5 though.
alexwaddell
Dabbler

Well, something is definitely going on....

link

[Moderator's note by Daniel (no7olivier): Edited to shorten long link as it was streching the page.]
N/A

Tsk tsk. Some perfidious management type leaking information so as to increase his share value.

That's the sort of thing I'd definitely not do :lol: