cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet's Vision Update Discussion

LiamM
Grafter

Please keep all discussion relating to this announcement within this thread.
282 REPLIES
N/A

Can I have a go at 24mb internet? It'd make me do the 'giddy dance'.
N/A

Where customers on relevant 4Mb and 8Mb accounts aren’t able to receive up to 4Mb and up to 8Mb speeds due to their line conditions, they’ll be able to claim a refund, as higher speeds are made available in their area. We will refund customers the difference between their current service rental price and a lower priced service with budgeted bandwidth that matches their usage levels,

Excelent Move, Shame it wasnt done earlier. but its a promising move showing your listening to feedback and its showing us those good business practices you had 12 months ago that randomly disappeared!

The new traffic management system is definatly a massive improvement over the current Setup.

1. Better Limits.
2. Off peak Un Restriced and not counting towards Peak

Smiley

Finally, I see some light at the end of this tunnel Wink
Community Veteran

Can I have a go at 24mb internet? It'd make me do the 'giddy dance'.

I wouldn't mind it either.

Also from the sound of it 8mb will be standard soon!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

BROADBAND PREMIER:
From today the usage policies detailed below will come into affect on Usenet, P2P and FTP downloads during peak times.

Broadband Plus is not designed for heavy downloading. More than 95% of Broadband Plus customers use less than 10GB per month so the vast majority of customers will see an improvement in download speeds for outside of peak 8am-midnight hours and light and moderate customers will also speed improvements. Heavier users will see downloading in peak times get progressively slower as they download more and more.

I have pulled these quotes out because it appears that ftp downloads are now restricted on Premier and the implication for BB+ is that all these protocols will be restricted during peak hours. This, if correct, is a cause for concern as a lot of program updates and games patches are ftp downloads.
Perhaps further clarification with respect to BB+ management could be made
N/A

My Samknows (MRASH) says something about Easynet LLU enabled. If I don't get 24mb, I will walk down there myself and get unbundling on its ass.
Community Veteran

Further question
On that basis the SUP levels remain unchanged for Broadband Premier customers.
How do these new restriction work when the SUP remains in place and using over 30GB on peak breaks the SUP yet bronze on peak downloads are specified for 25GB+
LiamM
Grafter

Peak time for the SUP is only 4pm - midnight. Whereas these peak restrictions are 8am - midnight at the moment. Therefore, you can exceed peak restrictions for P2P etc... and move down the queues, without exceeding the 4pm - midnight peak of the SUP.

Do you understand? Difficult to explain with two SUP times.
LiamM
Grafter

My Samknows (MRASH) says something about Easynet LLU enabled. If I don't get 24mb, I will walk down there myself and get unbundling on its <a href="http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/faq.php#1">[censored]</a>.

Good news for you is that Plusnet will shortly be trialing the supply of broadband through easynet unbundled exchanges. So look out for speeds of upto 24Mb available to you soon.
N/A

ignore
Community Veteran

Re Liam response (edited for clarity due to gap between posts)
Yes I understand that but not when you look at this for next year
Peak time is measured as 8am to midnight, seven days a week, while we are using a semi-automated system. By February 2006 we plan to reduce peak time back down to 4pm-midnight, to match SUP peak-time,
N/A

hotlane, dont worry. Sup will probabily see a few changes so its not affected by this. From what i heard, sup was mainly put in place until a suitable traffic management system could be put in place. The way things are going we are not far from this so it may be that sup will get dropped soon.

Thats my theory
LiamM
Grafter

Yes I understand that but not when you look at this for next year
Peak time is measured as 8am to midnight, seven days a week, while we are using a semi-automated system. By February 2006 we plan to reduce peak time back down to 4pm-midnight, to match SUP peak-time,

Then bronze will allow for P2P between 25Gb and the 30Gb SUP limit I guess.
Community Veteran

Liam,
Unfortunately that fails to take into account normal browsing, e-mails etc which can easily use up most of the other 5GB
N/A

i think this is great news, i think plus have turned a corner, we are not all serious downloaders but to have the first 20 gb in gold priority is great, thank you plus net Cheesy