cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet's Guarantee

N/A

Plusnet's Guarantee

I tried to take advantage of Plusnet's guarantee to migrate to another ISP because I am not completely happy with their service. It clearly states "no risk" and "no commitment" but when I raised a ticket to request a MAC to migrate out I was told that I had a "commitment" to pay the full cost of the 12 month contract. Has anyone else had problems or success in rlation to the Plusnet guarantee?
15 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Plusnet's Guarantee

Their guarantee says:

All of our broadband products come with a unique guarantee: if you're new to PlusNet, you'll get a relaxing 45-days to experience our broadband service to find out if it's right for you. If you're not completely satisfied during this time, we'll pay for you to change to another broadband provider.

So if you're new to Plusnet (ie weren't on Pn dialup) and signed up less than 45 days ago, they should do it.
I know that other people have done so OK.
N/A

Plusnet's Guarantee

I am new to Plusnet..I had no internet connection prior to this account.
I signed up less than 45 days ago...... 24th July.
If other people have had the guarantee honoured then why will Plusnet not honour it for me?
Anyone from Plusnet reading this?
N/A

Plusnet's Guarantee

it's only fair to pay the connection fee (£50approx) as that is what plusnet sub you when you join.
Community Veteran

Plusnet's Guarantee

The point is that PN aren't honouring the garuntee though. Indeed I would agree with that.
N/A

Plusnet's Guarantee

If you have taken out a 12 month contract they say tough.
Apparently all it covers is the £12.99 Migration fee which 99% of ISP's don't charge for as you get free migration!

This is what was quoted on my ticket

"Thank you for your ticket. The plus net Guarantee covers you for us to pay the migration fee out up to £12.99 but it dose not stop any contractual obligations that you have signed up for, your account is an annual contract and there for would need to be paid before you can migrate out"

So the terms "No risk, no commitment and nothing to lose" don't actually mean that at all - another referral for Trading Standards I think
Alecto
Grafter

Plusnet's Guarantee

You shouldn't have to pay 12 months subscription, though obviously if they paid your connection fee or modem then they need reimbursing for that. You won't have to pay a connection fee for transfer to a new ISP and can use the same modem. And if Pn pay for you to migrate, then you're no worse off than if you'd gone straight to the new ISP.

If it's a 12 month contract they're trying to enforce, give them a ring on 0845 1400200 rather than rely on tickets.
Alecto
Grafter

Plusnet's Guarantee

I thought all contracts were supposed to be monthly now.

If you look at the product comparison table, they all give a contract period of one month.
Community Veteran

Plusnet's Guarantee

I think you still get a choice on sign up though.
N/A

Plusnet's Guarantee

You do and you have to pay an extra £11.75 to go monthly!
Another sneaky bit of advertsiing by Plus Net - why not clearly state if this is the case , that the 45 day guarantee only covers monthly contractsHuh??
The T&C's attached to the 45 day guarntee are "hidden" after all the advertising and even they are not clear.
Alecto
Grafter

Plusnet's Guarantee

Even sneakier than I imagined.
So you have to pay an extra fee to get the free migration out if you're not happy.
Which is usually free anyway.
N/A

Plusnet's Guarantee

Welcome to Plusnet. :roll:
N/A

Plusnet's Guarantee

If you really hammer your usage they will put you on to a managed profile and allow you to leave within 30 days if you can't get out any other way.
N/A

Plusnet's Guarantee

Which would require at least 2 months of high usage.

One way, but it aint quick.
N/A

Plusnet's Guarantee

but atleast he will get his moneys worth Wink