cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet, please help, big problems

winnipeg1823
Grafter

Since 30/4 I have had two periods of 5 days each which no ADSL connection, completly dead. Last fix has lasted for over a week.
Last night I sufffered internet connection drops but the ADSL light stayed on.

Raised a ticket, and still waiting a reply from my response at 7.55am this morning.

Then read that a problem had been Identified following other complaints from LLU users and was being fixed at plusnets end.

Prior to this users sufffered a loss of ADSL when plusnet tried to alter their profile.

I replied not to do anything with my line till I returned home to make sure it was fixed.
Now at home, and guess what, NO ADSL light, completly dead.

Plusnet, whatever you did, please rectify ASAP
11 REPLIES
N/A

If your ADSL light is out then you have a line fault, plusnet cannot fix it but it needs reporting to them so they can raise it to their suppliers.

No ADSL light = no adsl signal from your exchange. It's a supplier/line fault not a plusnet fault.

Before you ring them change your filters and test your equipment in the master socket.
winnipeg1823
Grafter

Sarahmason, thanks but I have tried all the things you suggest many times. On the two previous occasions plusnet HAVE fixed the problem, that may well be in connection with Tiscali. BT report no line faults, and it worked perfectly for many years, until the move to LLU.

I disagree with your comments that its not a plusnet fault.
It is plusnet that I pay and who I have the contract with. Legally it is their responsability to provide the service to a standard any reasonable person could expect. If they chose to use less than relaible suppliers then that is their problem, but it is plusnet who are accountable
N/A

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems.

It wasnt immediately clear from your first post that this was a LLU issue.

As you have raised a ticket, it will be dealt with, however the Support teams are dealing with a large backlog of issues and will get to this one as quickly as they can.
shellsong
Grafter

I can't help wondering whether the ADSL disconnections being experienced by customers could be down to something as simple as the customers ADSL line from the Patch Panel to the DSLAM having been disconnected from the BTw DSLAM but not connected correctly to the Tiscali DSLAM-- either that or Tiscali bought a duff lot of DSLAMs! Wink -- maybe they got them from Amstrad :lol:
N/A

I'm sure it won't make you feel any better to know you are not alone. I'm also on Tiscali LLU and had a working service for 11 days. Then none for 9 days and it only got fixed on the third referral to Tiscali. Then after 4 days working service I wake up this morning to find it's busted again - same symptoms as before. Sad
This is madness, it really is.
winnipeg1823
Grafter

Highcrest, you are correct it does not make me feel better. The problem seems to be that Plusnet dont forward the problem to Tiscali as quick as they should do. I also asked them on several occasions to find out from Tiscali what the problem was, then any future problems could be fixed quicker. They never did this

Because of the way they dealt with my previous problem plusnet refunded me 10 days subscription. Looks like I'll be asking for some more.

I have asked that the problem goes direct to Tiscali today without the days of questions from Plusnet, for which they have had the answers many times, yes Ive changed the filters, yes my modem settings are correct, yes Ive tried it in the main socket with nothing else plugged in, yes Ive tried other modems etc etc etc.
The item form shellsong is interesting, far too technical for me, but something maybe the "experts" at plusnet could look at
winnipeg1823
Grafter

Highcrest, you are correct it does not make me feel better. The problem seems to be that Plusnet dont forward the problem to Tiscali as quick as they should do. I also asked them on several occasions to find out from Tiscali what the problem was, then any future problems could be fixed quicker. They never did this

Because of the way they dealt with my previous problem plusnet refunded me 10 days subscription. Looks like I'll be asking for some more.

I have asked that the problem goes direct to Tiscali today without the days of questions from Plusnet, for which they have had the answers many times, yes Ive changed the filters, yes my modem settings are correct, yes Ive tried it in the main socket with nothing else plugged in, yes Ive tried other modems etc etc etc.
The item form shellsong is interesting, far too technical for me, but something maybe the "experts" at plusnet could look at
winnipeg1823
Grafter

N/A

I've had enough. I had a steady connection and so was happy for 2 years. Got put on to tiscali despite opting out. lost sync for 9 days, took 3 attempts by tiscali to fix it. Lasted 4 days and it's bust again.

It's a shame to leave but I want to buy some "reliable" broadband and they don't seem to be selling that here. What is the process for leaving considering I'm on tiscali? I assume I just chuck a cancellation in down the same route as everyone else and that I have to wait 30 days?Can I sign up elsewhere before the 30 days is up or do I have to wait because of the LLU on my line?

Of course loss of service in the above process is irrelevant as I have no service anyway and no response from +net to my issue. It's the same issue but they seem incapable of dealing with it in a timely manner to something which appears to need forwarding to tiscali.
winnipeg1823
Grafter

I have had no problem with broadband for years, and no problem with plusnet still this move.
I asked for an update at 7.45am this morning, still no response, and no ADSL.
Not sure how to move from Tiscali, I know its more difficult than with the old MAC codes.
My problem is I am still in the 12 month contract, though fortunatly I have worked in the legal profession for over 30 years and have access to some pretty good legal advice, which states that plusnets service, both in the connection provided, and in the customer support, has fallen below that that any reasonable person would expect from a provider. Therefore there is a loss of confidence in the provider, and as long as you can show the poor performance, and you are not just leaving for a cheaper option, Plusnet cannot enforce any punishment payments for leaving soon, and if they have moved you to another supplier, where the terms of leaving are different from the original supplier, plusnet must facilitate the move at their cost.
Doesnt really help either of us at this stage, but I know what Iam doing once my connection is back up and running.
They have offered to move me back to BT, but would mean 7 days without connection, thats better then the 12 I am up to now.
winnipeg1823
Grafter

It is now almost 7pm Friday. I have tried all day to get through to support to see what is happening but unable to get through. Have asked several times via support pages for an update, no reply as yet.
It is now bank holiday weekend so nothing will be done till at least Tuesday.
Another five days with no ADSL signal

Thanks plusnet you really are the number one provider.