cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet phone number

N/A

Plusnet phone number

I used to have a normal land line number for plusnet which began 01142 I did not mind being on hold for 45 mins as I am on BT option3 which gives you any land line apart from 0845 free upto one hour.

I refuse to be put on hold for 20mins+ whist it is costing me money.

This number I have is now the line to a member of staff in plusnet office who said "Oh no I have no idea how to deal with you, I cant put you through to support and can you ring the 0845 number".

I got through to this girl after 5 rings of the phone!

Tired, Sick, Lookin at options.
15 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Plusnet phone number

Hi,

This is most likely due to the fact that the majority of the geographic numbers we have are for intermal use, so that people can contact other departments within the business.

If you were to call one that got through to the support centre, its possible that you spoke to one of the new people, or one of the sales staff who aren't trained to deal with technical enquiries.
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Plusnet phone number

I think rather, his point/complaint was regarding the waiting times Wink
N/A

Plusnet phone number

a quick search here will help you

http://www.saynoto0870.com/
N/A

Plusnet phone number

Just the very thing wizardpc Wink

Cheers
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Plusnet phone number

Incidentaly, PN's support number seems to be unavailable at the moment Sad
N/A

Plusnet phone number

Just the very thing wizardpc Wink

Cheers

glad it helped
Community Veteran

Plusnet phone number

These sort of things have been posted before, they are often out of date and unrelaiable. PlusNet's 0114 numbers have been known in the past to route differently and will often end up in a queue going nowhere with no warning. At the end of the day 0845 isn't really expensive and is a lot better than some ISPs offer.

Chris
N/A

Plusnet phone number

Well I can assure you that one is working!!!!!

I hate 0845 and 0870 numbers - no inclusive call packages will allow you to use them. I use call1899 and can call plusnet for 0p per minute using it. Quite handy when you're in a queue for 30 minutes.
N/A

Plusnet phone number

These sort of things have been posted before, they are often out of date and unrelaiable. PlusNet's 0114 numbers have been known in the past to route differently and will often end up in a queue going nowhere with no warning. At the end of the day 0845 isn't really expensive and is a lot better than some ISPs offer.

If the issue isn't about revenue recouping, what would the problem be for PlusNet to keep the geographical numbers updated on saynoto0870.com?

I would guess (i.e. I don't really know, but...) the reasons for offering 0845 are to offer a standard rate or to allow reallocation of lines internally when needed without it being visible to the outside? At least by letting people know the geo-number those who have 'inclusive' packages on the phone could then have the option...

Doubt it is intentionally revenue recouping (pennies per minute). But it can be a pain watching the amount add up while sitting in the queue.

To those who say "better than a 50p/min" or "better than an 0870" number, yep, true, but it could be even better with no(?) cost to PlusNet.

regards

Stuart
___oDiN__
Grafter

Plusnet phone number

i agree 0845 and 0870 are a pain i use my mobile free mins and these of course arnt covered I dont see why plusnet can just have a simple phone number instead of 0845 or at least the option to call it
Community Veteran

Plusnet phone number

A simple phone number though would incur different charges depending where you called from i.e. how far away you are.
At least the 0845 treats all calls as the same at effectively Local Rate.
kreynolds
Grafter

Plusnet phone number

i agree 0845 and 0870 are a pain i use my mobile free mins and these of course arnt covered

On the rare occasions that I've had to call CS I've used my mobile as 0845 and 0870 numbers are included in my package of free mins, but I would still use the 0845 number if I didn't have my mobile. The only other option +Net could use is an 0800 number.

The downsides to this are it will cost +Net money to provide this service and in my experience wait times on numbers increase dramatically as the thinking is 'The customer isn't paying for the call' , this comes from working in a call centre run by a major gas and electricity supplier who have 0800 numbers.
N/A

Plusnet phone number

The only other option +Net could use is an 0800 number.
(my emphasis)

I disagree - they have geographical numbers, one of these could be provided as an option. No cost to PlusNet (unlike 0800). Of course, offering an 0800 number might be an incentive to minimise call waiting times Wink

regards

Stuart
Community Veteran

Plusnet phone number

But then would call times be lowered at the expense of good customer service.

For me the best option would seem for plusnet to publish the geographic number linking to the CSC.

Also whilst we're on the topic of PN's phones aren't they getting a new system in January? Can I ask what features will it have; will Dave be able to plug his Ipod in if I ring up?