cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet or NTL

N/A

Plusnet or NTL

Is this a plusnet problem or should I get in touch with NTL - I sent an email on Thursday and so far I get replies like this on 24hours 48hours and now 72hours, what could be the reason?

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its recipients after more than 72 hours on the queue on ptb-relay01.plus.net.

The message identifier is: 1EaB99-0001SA-0F
The subject of the message is: RE: [Maybe Spam] Re: Another Day Another Presentation
The date of the message is: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:03:07 -0000

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

xxxxxxxxxx@ntlworld.com
Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data:
host smtpin.ntlworld.com [81.103.221.10]: 452 Message rejected

No action is required on your part. Delivery attempts will continue for some time, and this warning may be repeated at intervals if the message remains undelivered. Eventually the mail delivery software will give up, and when that happens, the message will be returned to you.
10 REPLIES
prichardson
Grafter

Plusnet or NTL

Hi,

The message appears to be rejected by NTLs inbound SMTP servers, when our own server try to send to it.

Only NTL could answer why it is being rejected, as the message given is rather vague.

Kind Regards,
N/A

Plusnet or NTL

Thank you - Cheesy
N/A

Plusnet or NTL

One more thing - how long will it keep trying to send before it gives up?
topfisher
Grafter

Plusnet or NTL

I'm having trouble sending email to NTL. Most are getting through, its just 1 in particular thats gets rejected. I think its something in the subject line NTL doesn't like.
ChrisR
Grafter

Plusnet or NTL

It may be an invalid email address. Check that you've got it exact.
csogilvie
Grafter

Plusnet or NTL

One more thing - how long will it keep trying to send before it gives up?

I think that it is variable - 5 days is usually about the norm though.
N/A

Plusnet or NTL

NTL are quite infamous for having flakey mail servers.

Unfortunatly as said previously the error message it is bouncing back is vauge enough to be anything from "Invalid e-mail adddress" to "server is on fire, try again later"

Just googling shows NTL have a bit of history with their emails
Results 1 - 10 of about 418 for ntl 452 Message rejected . (0.34 seconds)

5 Days is about right before the plusnet mail server's will give up trying to send the message, it normally says in the bounce mail, but it would appear that today is International Vaugness day and the actual time before the delivery will be given up is exactly 'some time'.

Diloch,
Andrew D Wiles
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Plusnet or NTL

Hi,

There's been a couple of posts on Usenet about this too, does look like there is a problem with NTL's mail servers.
Discostoo
Grafter

Plusnet or NTL

Yep, just to confirm that NTL have had a few problems with certain mail servers, (nothing new there) and they believe that everything will be sorted by 17/11/05. Thursday.

Hwyl Fawr,

Stoo.
N/A

Plusnet or NTL

5 days seems about right - I had all the mails returned today, which was nice, was getting a Mail delivery failed for each mail and there were a few.