cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet mistake costs me the referrer discount

mike-139
Dabbler

About three weeks ago I signed my son up for a Plusnet BB package and the payments were to be taken from the same bank account as my own Plusnet account. When I filled in all the details for this new account (ID of "coleraine")the referrer ID was already filled in (I assumed it was some sort of default Plusnet ID). Had there been a place where I could have entered my ID "mtullett" I would have done so.

Even before the account became active, I posted a contact us ticket indicating there had been a problem with the referrer ID at sign up time, and asked it be rectified it to be my main account - "mtullett".

Subsequent exachanges with CS via the contact us system have been fruitless, with these as the final words from Plusnet:

"Your account already has a referer which differs from that stated. We cannot now add a second referrer or alter this referal."

and

"Unfortunetly (sic) when an account has been signed up and the referrer has been set there is no way to change this."

I find it totally unacceptable that an error, made by the Plusnet system at sign up time, cannot now be rectified.

Mike - Coleraine NI
14 REPLIES
N/A

Hi Mike,

When you originally signed up. Did you click on a link from someone else's website or an email that was sent.

Normally thats the only way a referrer value is pre entered.

If you signed up direct from the Plus net website then that should have been blank.
Community Veteran

Still, this should be possible to correct?

Perhaps one of the CS team can sort it?

If not, then the only thing that may be possible is to cancel and reapply?

Im sure someone can work out the way round this..
mike-139
Dabbler

I have no idea at all whether or not I had clicked on anything else beforehand, but it was from the main Plusnet site I started off the sign up process.

Anyway within a very short time, I had contacted Plusnet indicating the error. In their first reply they said they couldn't act until the account became active. When it did become active I received the replies quoted above.

I used these words in the contact us ticket on 26 September - 14 days before the account became active

<quote>
"When this account was signed up for there was no place to insert the referrer. Please note it was user mtullett"
<endquote>

Mike - Coleraine NI
Community Veteran

This has happened in the past and should be corrected if both you and the person you refered send in a Link:Contact us ticket to support stating what has happened.
N/A

Still, this should be possible to correct?

Indeed. But if a customer did click a referral banner from an external site, not saying that happened in this case, it would be unfair if the end user could change the referral without input from the original referrer.

Though as John says, this has happened before and may be a bug on this occasion.
mike-139
Dabbler

This has happened in the past and should be corrected if both you and the person you refered send in a <a href="http://contactus.plus.net">Contact Us</a> ticket to support stating what has happened.

I have already logged in as [1] me and [2] my son and raised similar tickets but, as yet, to no avail.

Mike - Coleraine
N/A

Hi Mike,

The response wont be instant. It may take them a while to get back with a decision.
N/A

Hi same thing has happend with me and pcsni you say it may take some time I have had a ticket in for 2 days now with no reply but hey the last ticket I put in took them 3 days to answer, when I put it in it said ticketrs were being answerd in 4 hours beats me that 4 hours should read days Sad
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Mike,

I've passed your ticket on to the CSC Team Leaders who can change this for you.
Community Veteran

when I put it in it said ticketrs were being answerd in 4 hours beats me that 4 hours should read days Sad

4 hours is the average time for all tickets.
If a ticket has to be dealt with by a department that doesn't work 24/7 then there can be delays with that particular ticket.
N/A

Then why does it say this on another ticket I have just put in, like I said it should be days not hours.

We are managing to close tickets, on average, in 3 hours 37 minutes 0 second .
Community Veteran

Because the vast majority of tickets will be simple, and answered within minutes. These will bring the average way down.

A small number of more difficult tickets can still take significant time.
N/A

And whats diff about asking about a referal I made not a lot but it still took the over 2days to answer and wait for it I just put another ticket in asking for the earliest date for my mac code and waller 1/2 an hour later I get a reply :?
N/A

Hello were is your answer the mods on here are getting up my nose closeing posts with out a explaination, saying this that and the other well I will be gone in a couple of months when I signed up plusnet looked the dogs not any more with all the changes to the t/c's and every thing by the way I don't come into any of the heavy user catergerys 50/60gig a month but I can't see it getting any better with plusnet prob worse like a lot on here I signed up because I thought no caps and that is what it was well not any more sorry plus have gone tits up I'm gone in a couple of months. Cool