cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet is devolving

N/A

Plusnet is devolving

Can't post a message on the support system as I keep getting logged out even if my password/username is accepted. Can't get anybody on the phone for 45 minutes. What seem to be continual problems with slow web access and email problems recently.

I've been very happy with Plusnet for many years, upto recently. What's happened? Perhaps Plusnet should concentrate on getting things working correctly i.e. more technicians rather than more marketing people!

When is the portal login problem going to solved for a start? Anybody from plusnet care to comment?

John
16 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Plusnet is devolving

We're looking at the problems with the portal at the minute. This has only just started occuring but we hope to have it resolved shortly. The best short term fix for this is to turn on Auto Login under Connection Settings.
Mand
Grafter

Plusnet is devolving

The portal login problem is being fixed at the moment, I should have an update on this for you shortly.

Is the ticket you were going to raise anything I can help you with?
N/A

Plusnet is devolving

I couldn’t agree more. I also have been happy with +net but recently things have gone a bit pear shaped and to add to things 30 attempts to login TODAY and each time its invalid username/password. Then if am lucky to get in as soon as I click something am logged back out and the process starts all over again. When u try to phone 55mins is not an acceptable time to be on hold what ever you line of business is. All in all if things don’t improve soon ill be taking my business account to an ISP that dose care about its customers.

Brian
Mand
Grafter

Plusnet is devolving

The portal issue will be resolved shortly guys, I understand it's frustrating, we're having the same issues.

The support times are also something we are working on at present and it will improve.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Plusnet is devolving

We're looking at the problems with the portal at the minute. This has only just started occuring but we hope to have it resolved shortly. The best short term fix for this is to turn on Auto Login under Connection Settings.

If it won't stay logged in, how can he get to Auto Login under Connection Settings to turn it on?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
JonathanW
Grafter

Plusnet is devolving

Through patience and perseverance, I normally don't use auto login but I managed to turn it on after about twenty to thirty attempts at logging in earlier.
N/A

Plusnet is devolving

Through patience and perseverance, I normally don't use auto login but I managed to turn it on after about twenty to thirty attempts at logging in earlier.

I have managed to turn auto login on and this is much better. Thank you.

I do have patience and perseverance. I also don't think that is something a customer should be told ( it could be construed as rude). I pay for a service, this is a service I have been very happy with upto recently. I expect this service to provide no problems especially with one like broadband access which, in my opinion , has become almost as essential as the phone, electricity and gas services and should be as reliable. I don't think I should need to show 'patience and perseverance' but just be able to expect the service to work with no problems. After all isn't this what I pay for?
JonathanW
Grafter

Plusnet is devolving

I have managed to turn auto login on and this is much better. Thank you.

I do have patience and perseverance. I also don't think that is something a customer should be told ( it could be construed as rude).

My apologise for that, as it wasn't intended to sound that way and it was directed at Elvin in response to his question.
N/A

Plusnet is devolving

Mand while I appreciate you saying that you are working on the support issue and it will improve, can you give me a time scale on when we the customer are going to see this improvement?? Imho you (+net) have been working on this for sometime now and there has been NO improvement, nor has there been improvement on stability within the portal or customer satisfaction. Is it maybe you can’t find the staff??

I have never complained in the years that I have been receiving my BB service from +net but the past 4-5 months are really starting to try my patience, and like I said before if things don’t improve and soon then ill be talking with my feet and taking my business elsewhere.
JonathanW
Grafter

Plusnet is devolving

The portal is something that we feel has improved oover the past couple of weeks, but its still not as good as it could be, which is why we have further work planned over the next two weeks that will improve things further.

As for the support issue, we brought a group of new agents onto the teams at the start of this week, which will see things improving as they gain more experience with the way that various things are handled. Though its not possible to set a specific date that it'll be improved by, as its an evolving process.
N/A

Portal interface

Imho the +net portal interface is too cluttered and "ad ridden" Regarding the telephone service: were my business to take 45mins to reply then I'd be bankrupt...that is UNacceptable.
I'm a Premier customer, we will see what happens shortly. I am concerned about the issues aired in this string - and others - and will be reviewing my supplier requirements for the first time in years!
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Plusnet is devolving

The portal is something that we feel has improved oover the past couple of weeks, but its still not as good as it could be, which is why we have further work planned over the next two weeks that will improve things further.

Though its not possible to set a specific date that it'll be improved by, as its an evolving process.

With respect Jon, this does appear to be a major spin on reality? The portal was fine (if a bit sluggish) up untill the last major rework a few weeks ago. Since then we've had the Login / Password issues, continued slow performance, random logouts. Yes! Since the upgrade the team have improved a few of the issues (but sometimes only on a temporary basis), but it is still not as good as it was, and certainly not any closer to where it needs to be!

"When you're at the bottom of a deep hole - stop digging!

Maurice
N/A

Plusnet is devolving

"When you're at the bottom of a deep hole - stop digging!

well said
N/A

Plusnet is devolving

Just out of interest ... I notice James Bailey has the location "Berkhamsted / Sheffield" against his name ... is this Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire ?

If so ... are you currently recruiting in this area ?

It may seem strange (particularly as I've just requested my MAC), but I'd be interested in trying to support this once-great ISP ... I really don't want to leave, but with things deteriorating as they are, I'm left with little choice ... unless I can join in and try and make it better for others too.