cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet is amazing!!!!!

bluejam
Grafter

Plusnet is amazing!!!!!

No...no, I don't mean amazing...what do I mean? Oh yes, I mean atrocious.

Dear Mr Plusnet,

Your ISP is worse than ten wars where everybody dies except one woman who was very close to everyone who died and she then died of grief, very, very slowly.

Kind regards
Dan.

Seriously though, I'm pretty much finished with plusnet now, they were fantastic for the first 4 months but for the past two months they've gone badly downhill. My speeds have just declined, I'm currently getting d/c several times a day, speeds no higher than 20kbps, in some cases, just 1kbps.

At first I thought I exceeded the download limit but sure enough, no. I was close to it but no. Then I thought, maybe it's my computer, so I cleaned it up well, virus scan, spyware scan, the lot. It's still the same. So then I thought, maybe it's my actual connections, like my phone line etc, so I got a friend to connect to their ISP on their laptop through the same connections and it was fine.

So that pretty much leaves the finger squarly pointing in the face of Plusnet.

I suppose my question is, are Plusnet now realising they can't cope with the demand and now they're just milking their customers for all they can before they go bust or are they actively working on sorting the problem out? Even if they are, I'm not interested anymore, I've given them two months.

So really, can anyone suggest a GOOD ISP? They seem pretty rare, I'm looking for 2mb and unlimited downloads to be honest but it needs to be reliable!

As I say, it's a shame, Plusnet used to be very good.
18 REPLIES
N/A

Plusnet is amazing!!!!!

As we are not allowed to mention other ISPs , try this gude <--thats just a random pick I did, look whos on top with the green colour Wink

Home page is here:

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/
N/A

Plusnet is amazing!!!!!

On your disconnects, does your dsl light go off? As mine used to be fine and lately it's been doing it for the last few days. And it is quite annoying, as i daren't download large files incase it happens then.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Plusnet is amazing!!!!!

Widdows1: If your dsl light is going out then it is a problem with either your equipment, your internal wiring, your BT line, or your exchange. Have a look at http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/10

Phil
bluejam
Grafter

Plusnet is amazing!!!!!

On your disconnects, does your dsl light go off? As mine used to be fine and lately it's been doing it for the last few days. And it is quite annoying, as i daren't download large files incase it happens then.

Yes, well, usually. Sometimes it doesn't but most of the time I do have to re-activate my modem, which takes about 30 seconds and when you're getting d/c at least twice an hour, it's very annoying.

note; I was diconected while typing this!
___oDiN__
Grafter

Plusnet is amazing!!!!!

i see zen is tops all the way all the time on there

shame plusnets rating has and is declining
N/A

Plusnet is amazing!!!!!

An Exchange Fault

ADSL Not enabled yet

ADSL Ceased (Cancelled)

Faulty Line Splitter (AKA Micro Filter)

Faulty Modem / Router

Telephone line losing quality - Line noise, electronics on the line, or a short on the line

How do i check for line noise, etc.. i seen people run a test on it or something.
How do you do it?

I really want to get to the bottom of this problem. I have seen people put on forum what they are asked to do, and when you check it, and rasie a ticket, they are asked to do it all again. And, some of the stuff i am unable to do. I've not had BroadBand long. And it is annoying me.

Saying that, we've always had problems with our phone line. So, maybe the phone line is still a bit naff?Huh
bluejam
Grafter

Plusnet is amazing!!!!!

Zen is intetresting but I'm not sure about the £40 activation fee.
___oDiN__
Grafter

Plusnet is amazing!!!!!

i think 40 is for new installs
migration is free
Superuser
Superuser

Plusnet is amazing!!!!!

You can check your exchange status here.

What equipment are you using? This will help us tell you how to find your line stats from your modem / router if it supplies them.

Do you still have the same problems if you connect your equipment to the BT Master socket?

Phil
N/A

Plusnet is amazing!!!!!

Zen is intetresting but I'm not sure about the £40 activation fee.

Migration is free
bluejam
Grafter

Plusnet is amazing!!!!!

Really? Oh good.

My only problem now is, getting out of plusnet. I hear it can be tricky, don't you have to wait until the end of the month you've last paid for before you can switch?
N/A

Plusnet is amazing!!!!!

Do you still have the same problems if you connect your equipment to the BT Master socket?

So far, i have no tried the master socket. The reason being, there is not a power point near it, so, an extension lead will be needed. I will try it tomorow, for most of the day. If that does not work... then what is my next thing to try?

Also, the equipment i am useing :

BT Voyager 2110 Wireless ADSL Router

x 2 Wireless Desktop Adapter BT Voyager 1040

x2 Micro Filters
Superuser
Superuser

Plusnet is amazing!!!!!

If you are getting problems at your master socket with everything else disconnected, and your hardware is known to be ok. Raise a ticket using the Contact Us wizard explaining what your problem is, and what you have tested, and they will esculate it to BT. An engineer may need to visit.

There is a charge (as warned about when you are raising a ticket about it) if a BT engineer visits and it is your own equipment or internal wiring. If you have tested everything then you wont be asked to pay this charge by BT.

Phil
Superuser
Superuser

Plusnet is amazing!!!!!

I'm not familiar with your equipment, but maybe someone who is may be able to advise on how to get your line stats on it.

Phil