cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet - here I come

N/A

Plusnet - here I come

Just got my MAC code from Wanadoo, Cheesy who despite my fears were very helpful and supportive. The guy from Cancellation Dept was very polite and put me at ease in the migration process. So a Big Thumbs up for Wanadoo for that. Within Twenty Four Hours I had received my Mac Code and then was immediately signed up with Plusnet. They have also been very helpful and have been sending me Emails to let me know of all the different stages of the process.
The only fear I have is the Email. As I have said before I have a Freeserve Email Account/Address - will I loose it and will I not be able to access it? Can I set up a Outlook Exprss Plusnet Email account now or do I have to wait till my migration is complete? I know I can set up a Web Mail account - but they are not the same - in my opinion.
I am moving to a Premier Account and am upgrading my speed to 2 megs, so looking forward to my complete migration on the 25/7/2005.
I will let you know of all the process and any pitfalls I may face (hopefully none)
12 REPLIES
N/A

Plusnet - here I come

As long as you occasionally dial up to Freeserve using the dial up number, they will keep your account active.
You can easily set up outlook to collect your mail;

POP3 (incoming mail) Server mail.plus.net
POP3 login name username
POP3 password ********
SMTP (outgoing mail) Server relay.plus.net

Check out the tutorial here if you need more help.

Welcome aboard Cool
N/A

Plusnet - here I come

Thanks for the help Cheesy
Wanadoo said that they would downgrade my account to Dial up after I migrate
Looking forward to joining you all on the 25/7/2005

Thanks again

Harry
N/A

Plusnet - here I come

Just migrated the other day from Bulldog-nightmare-communications. Plusnet took care of it all very well and have had no trouble so far. They regraded my line in just 1 day of activation Smiley
N/A

Plusnet - here I come

Good to hear Plusnet soted the situation out for you. How did you get on with an Email account - did you loose your old Email account with Bulldog?
Also good to hear that your speed went up very quickly after activation. I'm certainly looking forward to the faster speed. I am only on 512 but I have paid the one of payment of £14.99 for the faster speed Cool
N/A

Plusnet - here I come

I would always maintain that folks are best off having an e-mail address which is seperate from their ISP. By all means register your own domain, so you can take it everywhere with you, but if thats not the right way for you, a free account can be handy. If you use a mail client similar to MS Outlook for eg, you can collect mail from any providor, and if you get a better deal elsewhere, you can simply move, without having to update all your contacts.
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Plusnet - here I come

Hi Kerr, good to see you over here.

I'll presume from my avatar you can work out who I am.
N/A

Plusnet - here I come

Yes Dave

It's me - Harry

Thanks to Dave, I am here - it was Dave that recommended Plusnet to me

Thanks again

Harry
:lol:
N/A

Plusnet - here I come

As long as you occasionally dial up to Freeserve using the dial up number

or you can wait until one day you do not connect to the account and then use your broadband to go back to Wanadoo and reactivate the account....but only do that do not go through the whole process it will change your settings.
N/A

Plusnet - here I come

Hope you put yer man Dave down as a referral, and earn him some beer tokens....
N/A

Plusnet - here I come

Bulldog never gave me an email account as I was on one of their options where they give you 1 meg BB through your BT Line while you wait for ports to become available to switch to their 4 meg service.

If they had tried to give me an email address theyd doubtless have screwed that up as well. :x It would probably have taken them about 6 weeks to try and do it :shock: 5 weeks to try and repair it when it didnt work Sad And another 3 weeks to get around to admitting that they didnt know what was wrong and I should restart my whole order from the beginning Cry

I hate them.
N/A

Plusnet - here I come

WOW, you really aren't keen on the bulldog crew are you?
I'v spoken with a few folks who've been, shall we say, less than chuffed with their ability to do everything very slowly, and then still get it wrong!
Lets hope you have a better experience here. Wink
N/A

Plusnet - here I come

The fact that plusnets private forum isnt teeming with angry customers sounding off about the ineptitude of their isp is encouraging. You should see that CS Feedback forum in Bulldog...