cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet have just lost another customer

N/A

After the fiasco with network management screwing up my enjoyment of Quake 4 and CS:S, and the pish-poor QoS over the past few days with constant DNS errors (and I do mean fucking CONSTANT), I've had enough.

I joined PN in July of last year - what would the severance payment be for me if I left this month?

I'm thinking of going back to BTO. At least they had a good quality service. Not like this amateurish setup.

Evil
15 REPLIES
passer
Grafter

Hmmm - amateurish. Nice description. Concise, accurate, descriptive. Perhaps PlusNet might offer you a role in their CS department. Good luck in your move. Another one bites the dust.
Community Veteran

Sadly, I think if my connection isnt sorted on Monday, I may be off too depending on whether UK Online are taking signups on the Chesterfield exchange yet.

My connection issue may be down to BT, but I pay Plusnet. I expect Plusnet to have a better working relationship with BT than they appear to have. My connection has been unreliable for about three weeks, and completely useless for the last ten days, yet I am still being asked to log into this, test that and sit and wait while this is fixed.

I suppose my direct debit will no doubt be taken promptly though. :roll:

These dial up speeds are great. Sad

It certainly appears from my perspective that the predictions about customerservice dropping through the floor in order to push profits through the ceiling are coming true.

Having been with PN for almost four years now it is sad to have to move on as until now I have been quite satisfied. Sure there have been ups and downs, but nothing too bad. Over the last 12 months though, the customer service levels have droped off considerably.

It would appear that PN are either completely unable to cope with, or worse, not particularly botherd about expanding their support services in line with the customer base.

I used to have faith in Plusnets support and service to its customers, but sadly it seems they are going, if not already have gone, the way of many other large corportae enities, and forgotten about service to its customers in the blinkered obsession with profit.
N/A

Unfortunately, they don't [censored] care. Losing a few long-term users, while gaining hundreds of AOLers. Problem for us is that they save by not having to provide CS time to us, and only at the cost of twenty odd quid a month.

Pure [censored] genius.
N/A

I suppose it was always too good to be true.

I just wish I hadn't told people how good Plusnet were and how competitive the pricing is. It's not competitive if you can't access half the sites on the net and are getting dial up speeds.

I must agree with the previous poster: they are bloomin' efficient at taking their monthly payment, though.
N/A

Similar feeling

The only thing holding me here is that I don't want to tie into a contract elsewhere as we will be moving at some unknown point - hopefully soonish.

But very much [AOL]ME TOO[/AOL]...

After several years as a plusnet customer, I feel that there is no interest in keeping old customers, when we've already served our purpose. We've paid for any "free" offers by the length of our stay... we've referred people to the service... and we will insist on using bandwidth - evil swine that we are!

This used to be a geek friendly isp. I'm deeply embarrsed by the referrals I've made, as I often feel plusnet have made me out to be a liar and and idiot in the eyes of those that I referred...

But again - who cares if a couple of old customers drop off the chart... there's plently more new ones coming on board, right?

Bah.
N/A

Well I've requested my MAC, so I'll be away hopefully soon.

£14.99 to migrate out before the year's out - small price to pay for a decent service.

Good luck to those of you staying! You're gonna need it...
N/A

I'm off too, I wrote a good review of +net years ago that's been at the top of several review sites ever since and received thousands of unique views. I am going to update those reviews to reflect the current level of service but I feel sorry for those who may have signed up partly because of the review.

I pay £21.00 a month for home surf. I am a light bandwidth user but still prefer to be unlimited. The only thing I definately need is a static IP address. Any suggestions?
N/A

im out too - this weekend has been appaling - but the fact that no one has replied to my open tickets + pn not even aknowledging the problem is too much

anyone recommend a decent isp?
N/A

I'm off as well. Been with PlusNet for near five years and the past few days has been terrible. I feel bad now for refering people to PN over the years.

Time to decide which ISP to go for. Thanks for nothing PN.
N/A

Im off shortly myself, looking at ISP's Demon or Newnet seem to be ok, but then you can never really tell until your actually hooked up with them.
N/A

I've been with PlusNet since February 2003, and I'm leaving in 5 days.

Like many of you, I've recommended them to others during my time here.

I would not do so now.
N/A

Going to request my MAC code tomorrow as well. I know I'm only one person and it means very little to the bigwigs at PlusNet, and I know this is all going to sound cliché, but we all need to show how unhappy we are with our feet!

I think I'm swaying towards Demon. Cheaper, unlimited downloads and by the sounds of it 100% more stable than PlusNet.
N/A

Havent got round to findin g out whether the service is any good, they used to be good dialup providers dont know about DSL.
N/A

Of all the ISP's there are probably only one or two I'd consider switching to... Demon is one of them.

Not sure how competitive though they are with regards to pricing as I'm happy enough to stay where I am for now...