cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet has failed me for a second time this year

clatz
Grafter

Over Christmas I attempted to regrade from 1mb to 2mb, due to failures in the system I waited almost 2 months for the re-grade.

This time I am attempting to register a domain. It is now 4 days since the initial ticket request was marked as closed and still no domain.

I rang support and was told I should contact Nominet, which I did. They (Nominet) informed me that the registration had failed because Plusnet had asked for my details NOT to be listed in WHOIS? Why? In my ticket it says DO list me in WHOIS.

So I rang support again (10 minute wait on the phone at MY expense) to inform support about THEIR error Evil .

Why is support quality so bad and why do I, the customer, have to own and drive the problem.

I feel deeply disappointed with Plusnet as this is the second request this year that a request has been mis-managed.

I work for a large IT company and if I were to treat my customers this way, then I would be out of a job. :!:
9 REPLIES
channel
Grafter

If the service from plus net is letting you down, there are much better places to register domain names. Try www.simply.com. They have never let me down in six years.
LiamM
Grafter

Or www.123reg.co.uk, I've had about 50 domains with them, great service!

Both of which cheaper than Plusnet, but can still be hosted with Plusnet Free of Charge.
Community Veteran

or easily.co.uk. I have a few with them, but the annoying thing is that when you view the source of a page, you get a redirect source, the name appears in the browser window, but the incorrect source being shown can be annoying especially when registering at search engines!)

Although if you want to make it that little bit more annoying/difficult for people to steal your source, then its nice. But I cant write web pages well enough that people would want to steal them - LOL :lol:
clatz
Grafter

Yes,

I could register my domains elsewhere (I already have three with other hosts), but I wanted to use my inclusive webspace/bandwidth with Plusnet.

But that isn't the issue here, the issue is that of quality of service and ownership of the problem. Where to host the domain was just a secondary issue.
N/A

Isn't it a bit expensive to use the PN one; I seem to remember someone mentioning some time ago that it was expensive to transfer the domain out too.
clatz
Grafter

Once again, the point of this thread is about quality,

however,

I don't reckon a £1 a month is too bad, including registration fees. If you had a domain with UK2.Net and paid for web redirection it would actually cost more and not be as good, because whilst your URL appears in the browser bar, the address where the pages are hosted appears in the browser status bar and I personally don't like that.

I use www.Myvaluehost.com for my other hosted webs (as I need ASP functionality for them) and they are brilliant. Now they DO understand problem ownership
LiamM
Grafter

You could however pay just £6.12 for 2 years (thats 25p/month) and then host the domain with Plusnet, which is Free of Charge.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Hi clatz, sorry to hear you have been having problems with registering your domain, I have now added some more information on your ticket.
clatz
Grafter

Thank you Ben,

I hope it goes through OK this time.

I really don't like having to complain, but sometimes I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wal trying to get what should be simple things done.

<rant>
Had I not have already suffered waiting 50 days earlier this year for my connection to be upgraded, (due to a Plusnet fault), then I would have probably just shrugged my shoulders and said ,"such is life".
</rant>

Anyway, thanks for the update.