Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet - freeonline - f9 Moderators

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

If it was at the beginning of March then that was probably when I was on holiday. But I have to say I'm very much in favour. As I say, let's have a think, and I'll probably bang a post in the F9 and FOL forums tomorrow or Tuesday.
15 REPLIES
slev
Grafter

Hi

I would like to find out is there a list of all the forum Moderators ?

also these moderators are they the same for all three forums
( plusnet , free-online and f9 )

Regards

Ian
Community Veteran

The list of forum moderators is Here and the same people look after all the visp's ie Free online and F9
slev
Grafter

Ok the reason I have asked about this is the following,

1) recent poll for new moderator not posted on free-online forum,

2) Application for Moderators not posted on free-online as per
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26107

Can you explain why the above 2 points where not made available on my ISP's forum ?

Why do these forums share moderators and not have their own ? this would explain why free-online is neglected all the time.

I would like to suggest if these are to remain as shared moderators that your recent application be scrapped and re-launched fairly for all 3 forums so members from all 3 can take part in " Their Forum "

My adsl connection is through Free-online not here , I requested access to here as the other forum is ignored for days.

for those who have access to free-online forum I asked about lack of support on these forums on 5 th March http://portal.free-online.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2401 of which there was no reply.

Regards
Community Veteran

We are only recruiting a moderator for the PlusNet forums for the time being. Sorry if this wasn't clear.

Chris
slev
Grafter

hmm

I must be missing something here then ?

The list of forum moderators is Here and the same people look after all the visp's ie Free online and F9

You all look after all 3 forums so in fact this should of been done for all 3 forums then,

will the new moderator have access to free-online and f9 forums ?

Regards
Community Veteran

If they signed an account up to those visps and intended to visit them, then yes they would have access. As for moderator access, that is something that would need to be decided at a later date. The important thing is that we are only looking for a moderator for PlusNet at the moment.

Personally I think it would be great if FOL and f9 had thier own moderators team.

Chris
slev
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Chris,

Can someone from Plusnet staff look into this please,

Each of these forums needed to be moderated by customers from these visp's that visit them each day, by that I mean free-onlines forum as this is badly ignored on a day to day basis.

I guess it will be Ian Wild to sort this out then, so I will wait for a reply from him then or another member of Plusnets staff.

Regards

Ian
Community Veteran

To be honest I think it will be a while before someone at PlusNet will get round to looking into this, especially with all the stuff thats going on at the moment eg FUP, upgrades etc, but I'd certainly welcome any ideas to do this.

Chris
Community Veteran

Why do these forums share moderators and not have their own ? this would explain why free-online is neglected all the time.

There is some merit in the suggestion that they have their own Moderators.

The reason why it is shared now is historical. If you go back almost 2 years to when these new forums first started there were only 4 Moderators who were initialy asked by PlusNet to Moderate this forum.
At that time there were only some 7000 registered users of this forum and we were asked if we could also keep an eye on the F9 and FOL ones.
At that time it was well within the capabilities of the existing Moderators as it was nothing like as busy as it is today on the forums.
Just compare the current registered user number with the original 7000.
In fact due to the increase in posts and users we have had to recruit another 2 Moderators over the period, and you will probably hve seen the statement from the current Moderators that we cannot read every post on these forums.

I for one find very little time to visit the F9 or FOL forums and I agree that it may be better if they now had their own Moderators.
I would expect that from the much lower post count on these forums that a Maximum of 2 people on each one (to cover for holidays etc would be enough)

The above is of course just my thoughts and I have not discussed this with the other Moderators who may not agree with me.

However you may want to raise this as a suggestion in the "Ideas and Suggestions" forum.

Edit--- I see that while I have been composing this Chris has actualy said similar.
slev
Grafter

Hi John

I have already done this in the ideas section on FOL on March 5 th but no reply as usual there from anyone,

http://portal.free-online.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2401

Regards

Ian
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I think it's a good idea. As John says you probably only need a couple of people, maybe one from each of F9 and FOL, or two each. Dunno, depends on how many people are interested I suppose.

Let me have a think on this, and I'l get back to you.
Community Veteran

I notice that you have actually suggested dedicated staff as well as moderators.
That will almost certainly be regected by PlusNet as I don't think they will have the resources to provide individual staff for each VISP

It may have been better to just suggest the Moderating part.
slev
Grafter

Hi

I have now edited that post as suggested.

Thanks

Ian
Community Veteran

Agreed.

I'm 100% for this idea. I don't have the time to visit the f9 or FOL forums and don't feel like I could justify calling myself a moderator on them. I think getting a team in place, maybe 3 mods on FOL and 4 on PlusNet would be a good idea. I would also volenteer any help they need in getting this into action. I can imagine this is something PlusNet wouldnt have time for to be involved with themselves though. I think we should consult the other mods, PlusNet and positbly the usergroup and come back to you on this.

But there are certainly some priorities imediatly ahead of this, such as sorting out the poll mess!

Chris